+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 34938 Wldeyefoto is an unknown quantity at this point Wldeyefoto's Avatar

Yes | No

Favorite angle of view?

The Z8 is such a gorgeous design (thankyou Henrik!) that I often find myself stepping back to admire its voluptuous shape from a distance. As I move around the car, each new angle of view presents a unique perspective of its multi-faceted beauty and I am hard-pressed to decide which one is best. If I had to choose, I suppose a door level straight profile might be my favorite but then again, I love to see the feline facial features come into play from a front angle and there is that J-Lo rear angle that is so seductive and of course I can't forget the view out over that gracefully curved hood as seen from the driver's seat or the stunning outline seen from a bird's eye view and the 3/4 rear view which reminds me of a lioness on the prowl or....I could go on all day with this but am curious as to other's take on the matter. Perhaps the real question is: Does the Z8 have a bad angle? I can't find it! Grease Monkey

Registered Member
    Member No: 16240 Z8Bud is an unknown quantity at this point Z8Bud's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Favorite angle of view?

My Favs are the quarter angles....simply stunning. My next fav is from behind...as you implied the best other than J-Lo. My least fav is a direct shot from the front, just doesn't light my fire. The straight on side view is OK but not the best angle IMHO.

Registered Member
    Member No: 33791 Z8mania is an unknown quantity at this point Z8mania's Avatar

Yes | No

I love to

Stand behind a door and look diagonally across the hood. Just glorious. Not only is the styling terrific, but I find the design in terms of where cut lines are to be very well executed. Try this: stand behind the car and look at the shut lines for a side of the trunk, now follow it as it perfectly follows to the window and then on to the hood. It makes a nice arc. Now thats terrific design!

I think there are no bad angles on the Z8, and frankly I have yet to find one on any of Henrik's designs and I think thats something that makes these cars special. I'm sure there are many people who could make something look appealing from specific angles, but to have it look good from every angle- thats a real gift.

Registered Member
    San Juan Capistrano, california, United States
    Member No: 10561 z8.bob is an unknown quantity at this point z8.bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Looking over the Hood from the Left Seat ;-)

Registered Member
    Member No: 34938 Wldeyefoto is an unknown quantity at this point Wldeyefoto's Avatar

Yes | No

Profile view

Grease Monkey

Michael

Yes | No

Re: Favorite angle of view?

Pick up trucks look great when the camera is on the ground, big and tuff. But...

I have alway believed gorgeous cars like the Z8 look best from the front quarter, front wheel turned slightly inward (never out) and from about 5-6 feet off the ground.

Registered Member

Yes | No

The Master's touch

I couldn't agree more! I am aware of Henrik's work on the Z8, the Aston Martin DB9 and Vantage V8, and the new Fisker Coachbuild Tramonto and Latigo. I believe he may have had a hand in designing the X5 also. Any other automotive designs which have felt the Master's touch?Grease Monkey

Registered Member

Yes | No

Like this?

Grease Monkey

Registered Member

Yes | No

How about these?

Grease Monkey

Michael

Yes | No

Close! just a little higher

Registered Member

Yes | No

Found another one

Try this one: step back about 20 feet from the front quarter view of your Z8. Now, sit down on the ground and orient your position until you can see the closest front fender, the nose, and a tiny bit of the other front fender. Then move slightly until the distant fender just disappears. Now lean back on your elbows until the top edge of the far side fender and headlight disappear from view. You will be left with a remarkably clean view of the Z8's essential lines. From this perspective, you can really appreciate the graceful curves Henrik drew in their simplest form. Note how the hood line compliments the front fender line. Follow that line as it flows towards the rear of the car, making a gentle dip in the passenger area like water flowing around a boulder, and finishing with the perfect conclusion to his pen stroke in the rear fender line. If you look up "perfection" in the dictionary, there is a picture of that line!Grease Monkey

Registered Member
    Member No: 112123 Z8NY is an unknown quantity at this point Z8NY's Avatar

Yes | No

how 'bout a pic?

Registered Member

Yes | No

Forgot about the Z07 and Shelby GR-1. Any others?

Grease Monkey

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information