+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Long Grove, IL, United States
    Member No: 48268 deployant is an unknown quantity at this point deployant's Avatar
    Yes | No

2000 M5 for sale

My friend is offering me his black/black 2000 M5 with 8,500 miles on it for $45,000. Do you guys think that that is a fair price? Thanks in advance.

00-JetBlk M5
    , ,

Yes | No

Re: 2000 M5 for sale

Yes, Definitely. I paid 40k for my blk/blk w-29k, And I love it...

, ,

Yes | No

Price is too "high"... and here is why: (more)

While the mileage is superb, the CPO Warranty (if there is even one) is probably expired/set to expire. For less money you have the ability to get a 2001+ M5 (w/ the 'angel eyes' and celis taillights and 16:9 nav screen- all that are not available on the 2000). Also, for less money you could find a 2001+ with less than 50k miles and a CPO warranty for at least another year.

Deals can be had for much less than your friend is offering on 2001 and up M5's, and the only thing good about his/her deal I can see is the low mileage, but I am a firm believer that the M5's must be driven to avoid problems :o).. esp. since they averaged less than 1500 miles/year on this example... and some problems do not show up until higher mileage, while other problems can show up b/c it wasn't driven enough.

just my $.02.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information