+ Reply to Thread
    Mark Atanovich

Yes | No

2000 CLK430 front brake replacement

Howdy,
    Getting ready to replace pads and sensors. Is there anything out of the ordinary I should be aware of?

Thx,
    Mark

Registered Member
    Member No: 56587 jwpierce is an unknown quantity at this point jwpierce's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 2000 CLK430 front brake replacement

Hi Mark, I own a clk 320 That needs brakes so I will do some research too. Looks like we would be better off going over to the bimmer boards to ask questions.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6706 zyalatr is an unknown quantity at this point zyalatr's Avatar

Yes | No

That's really interresting that you say that....I just sold mt Z3 3.0 coupe and am looking to buy a '99 430 CLK with only 40000 miles on it. Are you saying that the CLK board can't help in doing a simple brake pad change?

Registered Member
    Member No: 6706 zyalatr is an unknown quantity at this point zyalatr's Avatar

Yes | No

Easy stuff >

Jack the car up and remove wheel, turn wheels so you can get to the calipers easily,remove plugs that protect the 7mm allen bolts that hold the caliper to the strut brace. Remove the bolts and pull the spring off of the front part of the caliper. Now pull caliper off and use BIG pliers(I mean BIG)to SLOWLY move the piston back in the saddle.Instal new pads and reverse the removal(INSTALL)....done Remember to start the engine and pump the brakes before driving !
    Watch out for the overflow of brake fluid if the cantainer was full!!!!
    Voila ! You did it !

Registered Member
    Member No: 100109 jvfante is an unknown quantity at this point jvfante's Avatar

Yes | No

Just did the above pads and rotors replacement and it was indeed easy. I used a large C-clamp to move the piston back into the caliper. Obviously, if your rotors are bad, they should be changed out at the same time. They're not expensive, if you do the work yourself.

I've recently switched from 12 years in a 735i to a CLK and have found both boards very helpful. I am hopeful that my new ride doesn't go through brake rotors like my old 7 series. '99 CLK 320

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information