+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 121281 robz82001 is an unknown quantity at this point robz82001's Avatar

Yes | No

all the folks out there are intimidated with my Z8

Just got back from a road trip to Myrtle Beach, S.C. in my Z8. Damn it if every sports car out there does not make a point of passing me, gettiing directly in front of me and then flooring it....etc. Not just lesser cars...an M3, a couple of 350Zs, an 80s corvette, a truck with a punk driving........but an SL55 and even a Porsche Turbo S. WTF? Never happended in my Jag XKR. Are enthusiasts out there so pissed that I'm driving the car and not them? Is it just machismo? I've never done that....honestly, too embarrassed. That is the visceral response that our beloved Z8 evokes. You all KNOW what I'm talking about.

Michael

Yes | No

Happens every time I am out.

Someone has to try to provoke a street race. Usually younger guys but not always.

malibu jack

Yes | No

you too!!

pick up the pace and it won't happen!

malibu jack

Yes | No

Re: all the folks out there are intimidated with my Z8

you're driving too slowly!

Registered Member
    Member No: 121281 robz82001 is an unknown quantity at this point robz82001's Avatar

Yes | No

malibu jack....my point sailed over your head...

....speed is not the issue here. No matter how fast I'm driving, there are [Oops!] out there who want to show off. I'll watch them in my rear view mirror...usually a few cars back desperately jerking and switching lanes to catch up and pass. I just sit back and let them pass...with the knowledge that their feelings of inadequacy got the better of them....and that I could smoke 'em if I so choosed.

Registered Member
    Member No: 99374 hmartin99 is an unknown quantity at this point hmartin99's Avatar

Yes | No

Different response in San Jose..

Driving back from Leguna Seca one evening at twilight, doing about 80 on a major highway (280). All of a sudden, notice a bright flash of light in my left rear view mirror. I thought nothing of it, and kept motoring. Soon, another bright flash comes from the SUV that is now alongside to my left. The guy that was driving had a camera, and was leaning over his girlfriend, holding the camera out the window, taking pictures of my car. He must of snapped at least 10, from different angles, as he sped up and slowed down around me.

That was a little weird!

StuM

Yes | No

Re: all the folks out there are intimidated with my Z8

You too? Me too. I weekend cruise the Z8, or SPF Cobra or a new Ford GT. As others have stated, often some pierced butt-head, usually in a POS rice burner works his way alongside and then tries to provoke a race. I'm getting too old for this stuff!
    But......every once in a while, on an open and clear road, I have to tell my wife to hang on and (more often in the open piped 427 Cobra, but the other two cars too), I have to "give 'em some pipes". They usually sit back there, slack-jawed, as most don't understand the ability of true super cars like the Z8.
    We then settle back into a steady cruise mode as the needle-dicked youngster buzzes off into the sunset. Ain't life grand!

Registered Member
    Member No: 34938 Wldeyefoto is an unknown quantity at this point Wldeyefoto's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: all the folks out there are intimidated with m

They're just jealous. The Z8 has it all: beauty, performance, timeless styling, comfort, and exclusivity. The owners of those other cars have a great deal invested (money and ego) in one-dimensional vehicles and find themselves intimidated by the overall superiority of your Z8 so they find it necessary to try to tarnish its brilliant shine, i.e., they have something to prove and you don't. Just smile to yourself, confident in the knowledge that you are driving a true classic while their ride will soon be tossed upon the heap of forgotten pretenders to the throne. Long live the Z8! Grease Monkey

Registered Member
    Member No: 33791 Z8mania is an unknown quantity at this point Z8mania's Avatar

Yes | No

my sentiments exactly!

Registered Member
    Member No: 44681 Z8Bob is an unknown quantity at this point Z8Bob's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep, the other cars will come and go, like my new

E60 M5. High technology and a fun drive, but disposable. In a few years I'll move on to the M6 Cabrolet, etc. The Z8 sits beside it, and shames the current design.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information