+ Reply to Thread
    AndyO

Yes | No

Austrailian GP Thoughts

1.) Ralph Schumacher got a "gift" podium for passing under yellow.
    2.) Montoya was to fast and on the wrong line coming into the turn and overcooked it.
    3.) Massa & Barrichello both having miserable start to the season, amazing how poorly Barrichello is doing in the HONDA factory car.
    4.) Renault, can anybody stop them? Do they have secret rubber compound from MICHELIN??? French Connection????
    5.) Will BMW perform better now they have returned to the Euro continent?

Jim Derrig 93 750

Yes | No

Re: Austrailian GP Thoughts

You're spot on with 1 & 2. I don't know how RS got away with that one; I think Montoya's trying to hard to show he's as fast as Kimi, which he is not.

3. massa got points in Maylasia and outdrove Saint Schumacher, so he's had one good race. As for ruebens, the only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency. Almost every year he has times when he couldn't drive a go-cart and times when he's the fastest driver in forumula one. go figure.

4. they just have the all around best package right now, with the drivers to back it up. all the other teams have obvious problems and the only team seemingly able to match pace, mclaren, continues to suffer from the inconsistency and unreliability that they've had for over a decade.

5. While the australia result was somewhat of a gift due to attrition, BMW has surprised me and it looks like we can regularly expect at least one car to qualify in the top 10 and to finish somewhere between 4 and 8. Podiums will be tough, however, as in terms of pure pace I think they're behind Renault, McLaren, Honda, and Williams.

AndyO

Yes | No

Good Thoghts

I agree with your points,
    Reubens was had beter results when he was with Ferrari, I'm flabergasted on how pathetic his results are in qualyifying and race day.....How can he be on the podium with the Feraari, and now perform like a first year driver is beyond me, has he lost his mojo or he isn't dialed in with the Honda "system" car, support etc.?

McLaren is definitely having some bad karma with KIMI's car DNF for various reasons, KIMI can definitely drive a car, and we have seen him start with poor position and move through the field to get a podium. Montoya has a mental breakdown as he definitely drives on the edge, which he suppose to, but then for some reason looses his concntration. We could see in the replay at Australia, as he was following Ralph into the turn, he just took the turn to wide by 2 feet and lost it, definitely driver error, JPM has a tendency to "space out" or "blank out" when he on the edge trying to push the envelope.

McLaren, I wonder how much they miss Adrian Newey who is now with Red Bull, and didn't the the chief designer also resign from McLaren last week? Therefore, MVlaren Ron Dennis must be a liitle dis organized on their chasis dynamics IMO.

BMW-Sauber will not win the championship, the only thing for me to watch is how the BMW-Sauber competes against William-Cosworth, that's my interest. Williams jumped out to a early lead, but now BMW is improving. Sure would like to have Rossberg as a BMW Sauber driver instead of Jacques Villennuve.

San Marino GP will provide an opportunity to BMW on their total package of engine and chasis on the Euro turf. I have been at the track during a vacation, and it is fascinating to see the track and think of these cars racing around at the speeds, is just mind boggling.....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information