+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 138001 DaneGuy is an unknown quantity at this point DaneGuy's Avatar

Yes | No

Help!! Dynamic Drive inactive!

I just took off my 18" wheels and put on 19" take-offs from a 750. As soon as I went around a bend I got a warning that said Dynamic Drive was inactive and I was at a danger of rolling over. I'm not really worried about rolling over, LOL, but I am worried about that message.

Is there something I need to do? Should I have taken it to the dealer to put the wheels on? How do I get rid of the error?

All help and comfort highly appreciated.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Check the fluid level for the power steering......

.......if too low it can set off that warning. If low it takes a special fluid, Pentosin 11 S.
    Just changing wheels should cause that to happen, these cars aren't quite that sensitive, it was just a coincidence.

Registered Member
    Member No: 138001 DaneGuy is an unknown quantity at this point DaneGuy's Avatar

Yes | No

Weird. . . It just went away

I took the car out again and this time there was no warning and all systems checked out OK. However, I will check the power steering fluid tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Registered Member
    Member No: 101305 Ekkehart is an unknown quantity at this point Ekkehart's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: known problem

Should be an oil leak. Had the same problem on my 745i at about 65kmls. Indication went away when oil expanded (hot). A friendly dealer fixed the leaking gaskets to the oil cooler, steam cleaned the aerea, added 1/2l of Pentosin FOR FREE. The PUMA? system says the two hoses to the oil cooler should be replaced. About 200$ parts and labor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information