+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 140186 wns19 is an unknown quantity at this point wns19's Avatar

Yes | No

mini cooper clutch

I need some advice. i just purchased a manuel mini cooper in August. It has 14,000 miles on it and I recently noticed that the clutch was slipping-the rpms go up while the car barely accelerated. I took it to the Princeton dealership near me, who informed me that it will not be covered under the bumper to bumper warrenty because they believe I drive aggresively, I don't. They said they can tell this by the scratches and heat spots on the clutch plate. Is this true? What can I do in order to get my dealer to to honor mini warrenty? Could these problems be attributed to other factors, if so what? Has any one had similiar problems?

Registered Member
    Member No: 140186 wns19 is an unknown quantity at this point wns19's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: mini cooper clutch

Registered Member
    Member No: 109333 Vaheh is an unknown quantity at this point Vaheh's Avatar

Yes | No

Unfortunately not much you can do with clutch issues since it's a wear and tear item.
    Thanks.

Vaheh Bashikian
    Crevier BMW/MINI
    (714) 835-3171 ext. 2275
    O==00==O

never-again-mini

Yes | No

never-again-mini

Yes | No

Wear and tear? How long do BMW clutches last? I'll best not 10K, 30K...Please!

esther grant

Yes | No

Re: never again mini - I have a 07 mini cooper with 20,000kms on the clock and the clutch and the fly wheel have apparently burnt out at a cost of A$4600. I have been driving manuals for 25 years. I don't drive aggressively and have no idea how this has happened. I have spent the last 4 and 1/2 hours googling mini clutch problems - wish I had done this before I bought. In light of what I have read I will now seek legal recourse. This is not the only mini problem I have had, with a cracked fuel tank at 2000kms

Registered Member
    Member No: 175758 ccs8c is an unknown quantity at this point ccs8c's Avatar

Yes | No

I just had the same experience. I'm an experienced driver -- I learned on a toyota corolla and that clutch lasted 80,000 miles -- and I just learned that after 14,500 miles, my clutch is burnt and I had to pay for a new one. They blamed me -- saying a Mini is different -- but offered no help in the way of teaching me how to "correctly" drive the car. I'm now completely freaked out to drive it, which is such a shame. I'm never buying one again nor do I recommend buying one. I've already spent $3600 on a brand new car -- one shouldn't have to worry about a brand new car, which is why I brought one. It's already spent 22 days at the shop this year. Plus mini dealers are few and far between -- closest one is 50 miles away in DC traffic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information