+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 137774 BoatCapt is an unknown quantity at this point BoatCapt's Avatar

Yes | No

PECUS P Error Code

I just replaced the passenger seat control module on my 2001 XK8. I got a new one from Conventry West that was exactly the same part number as the old one. The seat works fine now. However, as soon as I started to car, I get PECUS P error code on the mileage display and both the MIL lights flashing. I disconneted the battery again and waited 15 minutes, and the code went away, but the second time I started the car, the code came back and the mil lights are flashing.

I can find no information on how to reset this or why I am getting it. I know the module is car specfic, but this was the exact part number replacement.

Help, I hate error codes, even if everything is working.

Registered Member
    Member No: 133914 RobertoRavioli is an unknown quantity at this point RobertoRavioli's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: PECUS P Error Code

I thought that the pecus error codes are from the security system, and is because some modules identify themselves incorrectly on the can-bus. A dealer can relearn a module onto the vehicle.

It's to discurage theft for parts of our cars, but can be a pain in the a**...

Roberto

Vic

Yes | No

The new seat module has the same entire part #, including the 3 digits after the / mark ?

Does this number match the number on the label under the carpet in the trunk ?

Seat modules sometimes have to be configured with the car.

Registered Member
    Member No: 137774 BoatCapt is an unknown quantity at this point BoatCapt's Avatar

Yes | No

Vic - Thanks for the reply. Yes the part numbers match including the /xxx. I can't find any thing under the carpet in the trunk that says which part# modules are installed. Where is that located?

What did you mean that it needs to be configured to the car. I know that the seat modules are vehicle specfic, but the part# matches. I have replaced these before on other model jags with used ones and never had a problem as long as the part# matched.

Could it be that because this is a factory new module that it needs some kind of program load? Is this something I can do or does this require WDS and is dealer only.

I really appriciate all the help you, Roberto, Realtech, and the rest of the guys give on this fourm

Registered Member
    Member No: 101639 jagdoctor is an unknown quantity at this point jagdoctor's Avatar

Yes | No

VCATS label should be on the left side or rear edge of the trunk spare tire cavity. Take out the tire cover and look under the edge of the carpet.

Some modules need to be configured to the car, I can't remember if the seat modules on your year are included.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Vic - thanks. I checked where you said and found the VCATS label. The part# for the passenger seat control module is LJE2160AB/004. The part I received from Coventry West is part# LJE2160AB/XXX, which is what the old part# was. On the new part it is stated that this part is "Programable".

Therefore, I think you and Roberto are correct in saying that this part needs to be "Configured" for my car.

I will now make an appointment at my "Friendly" dealer and have them configure the part. What I saved in doing this myself my be lost in what I will pay for the dealer to do this configuration at $130/hr.

Why does Jag have to make things so complicated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information