+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 136344 AachenE34 is an unknown quantity at this point AachenE34's Avatar

Yes | No

good mechanic in South Bay area

I need someone who can fix a nasty dent in my driver's side door and take a look at my engine for less than an arm and a leg, and get the job done right the first time.

I'm located in Torrance, and any info on a good and honest mechanic in the South Bay would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    KP

5Sport

Yes | No

Re: good mechanic in South Bay area

South Bay Independent is a great place. Honest, fair, and great mechanics. It is on 18020 Vermont in Gardena (310) 532-3145.

They are factory trained and CCA Members.

Tell them the Cosmos 01 530 sent you

EdinLA44

Yes | No

Try Steve's BMW in Redondo

I can't help you with the dent, but for the mechanical work, I highly recommend Steve's BMW Service in Redondo Beach. They're on PCH, just north of Beryl. Phone is (310) 374-3279. Address is 529 N. PCH.

Steve's is a family owned business that's been servicing BMWs for 20+ years. I've been taking my BMWs to Steve's for the last 15 years. They're ethical, knowledgeable, friendly, reasonably priced and they really know BMWs inside and out and know all the little idiosyncracies of the various models. You can't go wrong with them.

BTW, I have no connection with Steve's except that I'm a very happy long time customer. If you drop by, tell them that Capt Ed said hello.

Registered Member
    Member No: 136344 AachenE34 is an unknown quantity at this point AachenE34's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Try Steve's BMW in Redondo

Thanks for the tips. I've decided to go with Steve's to take care of the exhaust system. Definitely nice people.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Well, I went to Steve's, and they fixed up my car the same day for less than they originally estimated. Nice people, too.

Al Agena

Yes | No

After looking around for a honest, reliable mechanic. A neighbor reccomended Steve's (my neighbor has his own shop, but works on Ferrari's - he told me that Steve's has always done great work). I had the BMW serviced at the dealership and there was a problem the dealer could not figure out. Steve figured it out instantly! The car has never run better! They know what they are doing and they do first class work at very reasonable prices!

Highly, Highly Reccomend!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 149305 mitchster is an unknown quantity at this point mitchster's Avatar

Yes | No

i know of a good mechanic is Glendale, off 134 and 5 freeway, called Hamlet's. 818-547-3959.
    I'm looking for good independant mechanic in inland empire???Besides inland star.
    let me know.

steve redondo

Yes | No

Steves answer to an Air conditioning problem is - just dont turn your fan on high; yeah right

Oh yeah - when I got my car back my parking light switch was broken - funny it wasnt for the ten years I had the car before I brought it to Steves..

I noticed Steves was rebuilding the exact same BMW model as mine in their garage. They wouldnt scavenge a part off my car - would they?

Keep your BMW away from this place

steve redondo

Yes | No

Steves answer to an Air conditioning problem is - just dont turn your fan on high; yeah right

Oh yeah - when I got my car back my parking light switch was broken - funny it wasnt for the ten years I had the car before I brought it to Steves..

I noticed Steves was rebuilding the exact same BMW model as mine in their garage. They wouldnt scavenge a part off my car - would they?

Keep your BMW away from this place

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information