+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©211 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No

Lemon Laws in New York

Lemon Laws in New York: Lemons in the Big Apple State:

Under the "New York State New Car Lemon Law, General Business Law, Section 198-a" automobile consumers are entitled to refund or replacement if a dealer cannot repair a new vehicle within the first 18,000 miles or two years of delivery, after a reasonable number of repair attempts. New York defines "a reasonable number" as four attempts or 30 total days out of service within that time period. That definition is loose in NY, however, as a "reasonable number" may be more or less, depending on the severity of the problem, the inconvenience or danger it may pose to the consumer, and other specific facts of the case. If you meet the qualifications for lemon law proceedings, you must file your claim within four years of delivery.

For full article click here:

Registered Member
    Member No: 167721 lemoncar is an unknown quantity at this point lemoncar's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Lemon Laws in New York

Hello,
    I have tried to get my car (Accord'07) repaired 3 times for the same problem (rattling noises) but without any success. I bought the car in New Jersey. Can anyone suggest or share experience regarding which arbiteration process is the most helpful one? There are number of arbiteration processes:- NJ State aribiteration process, BBB process, NADA, or a law suit in a civil court.

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,

Amit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information