+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 1
    Inner Circle ©197 since: May 05, 2000 charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie has a spectacular aura about charlie's Avatar

Yes | No

Florida Lemon Laws

Florida Lemon Laws:

Technically called the "Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act," Florida's Lemon Law-Florida Statutes Chapter 681- is somewhat complicated as compared to other states. New vehicles sold in the state are covered; used vehicles are only covered if transferred directly from one consumer to another within two years of purchase, and if used for non-business purposes. Technically called the "Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act," Florida's Lemon Law-Florida Statutes Chapter 681-is somewhat complicated as compared to other states.

For full article follow this link:

Brian

Yes | No

Re: Florida Lemon Laws

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this, I recently purchaced a "NEW" 2010 Kia Rio from a local dealership new to Florida. I Was told the car was new and all the contracts say it's so also. However I Went to regester the satalite radio today and was told that radio was already regestered to another person. So I called the dealership and spoke to my salesman, he got off the phone quickly and said he was going into a meeting and would call me back. When he did he stated I needed to come down to the dealership because they made a mistake and the car had been regestered to another person once before and that it was infact not a new car. Now because the car is not new I can not get my 2.9 % APR and the 10 year 100,000 mile warrenty is not valid. They say they would like to make it right but I honestly feel they intended on defrauding me and knowingly tried to sell me a used car to increase their profit margin. Had I not caught the mistake When My 5 year 60,000 mile warrenty was up I would have no warrenty coverage at all and would have been left dead in the water had something went wrong. Does anyone have any advise for me as to what I can/should do ??? Thank you again and have a great day

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information