+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Tooth

Registered Member
    Member No: 49219 JMDDHS is an unknown quantity at this point JMDDHS's Avatar

Yes | No

Blue Tooth

Does anyone know why my Motorola 815 has to be re-paired everytime I get into the car ? I bought the BMW car kit for the 815 ( have to install it ) Im sure that will help since the phone wont be running on Blue tooth at that point...But until then, I would like to just get in, start the car and make some calls...

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

It shouldn't have to be re-paired...

I have a Motorola Razr V3c (Verizon)which connects to the car every time I get in. I had planned to get a car kit but the phone works so well in my pocket I don't think I'll get the kit unless I find I need to recharge the phone. Yours should be the same and should pair up and remain paired.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Blue Tooth

First off I believe you will find your phone has to be set for Bluetooth always on. Not sure of process but in my v557 it is under Bluetooth, settings or vice versa.

Two, car kit or no you will be on bluetooth. Car kit is to charge and make direct connection to your car external antenna tucked under trunk lid.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

That was going to be my suggestion too...

I would check the settings on the actual phone. On the E815, go to your Bluetooth menu, then to Setup > Power > On. It sounds like you may have the power off, only even if that were the case, the phone shouldn't have to be re-paired each time (it would only need to go through the "Find Me" process).

If none of that works, you could have outdated or defective software on your E815. I know that my wife had her V710 replaced once because they couldn't get the BT functions to work. She now uses the E815 and hasn't had any problems.

Good luck. Bluetooth is really a great feature. I've had the E815, a Treo 650, and a RAZR all connected to my car and they've all worked just fine. It can be done!
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

Registered Member
    Member No: 37843 psybj is an unknown quantity at this point psybj's Avatar

Yes | No

Blue Tooth works perfect with my Motorola in my M6

Took a little learnin' to get me there but once I learned it was no problem.

psybj
    '06 ///M6 Silverstone
    '02 Acura TL-S

PREVIOUS:
    '02 ///M3 SMG
    '01 ///M3 6sp
    Acura 3.0CL
    Dodge Stealth TT AWD
    VW Thing
    Acura Legend Cpe.
    Honda Interceptor
    Honda Prelude
    M-B 450SL
    Piper Cherokee 180
    Rx 7
    280Z
    deTomaso Pantera
    260Z
    Datsun 510 2dr
    Harley-Davidson
    MGA Mk.II (<400 manuf)
    VW bugs
    Triumph TR-3A
    Ford convertible
    Renault Dauphine
    James
    Chrysler HEMI
    + Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, he may have chosen "temporarily".............

...the first time they went to pair the phone, in which case it will lose the connection.

Registered Member
    Member No: 115437 kipster is an unknown quantity at this point kipster's Avatar

Yes | No

I just lost my Motorola V551 and the insurance co. replaced it with a V557. I can't get my new phone to pair with the car, and it's not on BMW's list of compatible phones, so I just ordered a RAZR V3. You say the V557 does pair???

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

No difference in 557 from 551 other than some internet stuff and far, far better battery life. Menu, settings the same. Worked perfectly on day one and still does.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Kip, Did you remember to turn on bluetooth on the phone? The default out of the box is off.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information