+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 128873 SFY2905 is an unknown quantity at this point SFY2905's Avatar

Yes | No

2006 750i Engine Hesitation

My 4200 mile old 2006 Monaco Blue 750i (build date week 49/05, delivery date 1-4-06) has several hesitation/warm up issues that have been written about in this Message Board lately: cold start roughness (I don't dare try to drive off before it warms up or it stumbles and sputters), lurching from a stop (embarrasingly difficult to get a smooth take off), hesitation upon acceleration, "flat spots" in acceleration and very rough and erratic shifting in Sport Mode. I have not taken it into the dealership yet and would like to know what update # I should be asking for to address/remedy these issues, if there even has been an update since my car was built. I also had the windshield "creaking" issue during cold weather, but it won't be cold here again in Oklahoma for a long time!sfy2905

Registered Member
    Member No: 84845 BXa is an unknown quantity at this point BXa's Avatar

Yes | No

Start with fuel contamination first...

The ethanol changeover might be the culprit as it releases contaminants that were solidified in your suppliers tanks.

Switch to a different fuel supplier and post the results here in about four weeks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

A couple fixed..........................

The lurch and trans shifting can be improved with version 21.2, but they are still working on the cold start issue, but luckily summer is near.
    YGM too

Mister Smith

Yes | No

Re: 2006 750i Engine Hesitation

What was the outcome of this issue? Was it a software fix?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information