+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 139315 SilverBMR is an unknown quantity at this point SilverBMR's Avatar

Yes | No

Took Delivery

Picked up my car last friday afternoon. The time at the Dealer was only about 3 1/2 hours. Definately alot of information to take in at one time. Here are my initial impressions:

AWESOME car!!!

It's everything I've wanted in a car as far as speed, comfort, handling, etc. There are a few small things I would change if I were in charge of BMW (see below). I took it pretty easy on it over the weekend but already have 400 miles on it. The car wants to take off. Everyone already knows this car is fast, agile, good looking, and very unique in todays world of cars. That being said, here's what I think could be better.

Cup Holders were obviously an after thought. I drive 52 miles each way to work and the placement and useability of these things are questionable.

The rear seat has less room than my 330CI. I know this car wasn't made for driving kids around but I need to be able to do it ocassionally and my 6'1' 215lb, 14 year old son barely fit back there. He couldn't even keep his head straight due to the ceiling height. Not a real big problem but people need to know if they have older kids that this could be a problem.

Don't expect to change CD's in the 6 disk changer while sitting in the drivers seat. The changer sits WAY back in the glove box. You need to load the changer with your favorites and keep the single disk for current selections.

Doors don't open up very far. My 330CI doors opened almost straight out. The 6er doors for some reason only go out about 2 1/2 feet.

Sun visors need an extension on them. The sun shines on my drivers side in between where the sun visor stops and the end of the door on my ride home everyday. Other car makers have extensions on thier sun visors. It's strange that BMW hasn't done this yet. Guess there's not much sun in Germany.

I know I'm reaching with these "problems". Thier not really a big deal. I'm just passing info along so others know about them while thier waiting for thier cars to get delivered.

Overall, I wouldn't trade this car for anything. All's I think about all day long is driving it. Nothing else I've driven compares.

I'll say it again.......AWESOME car.

Pic's to follow

Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound, Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.

Silver BMR

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Took Delivery

Congrats and welcome to 6er heaven.

Now jump in the car and drive to Spartanburg, SC (BMW) for Sharkfest 2006. Only cost you $10 late fee on top of $50 registration. 18-21 May. Do search on Sharkfest for link and details.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 139315 SilverBMR is an unknown quantity at this point SilverBMR's Avatar

Yes | No

Long drive from SoCal CobraDav. I would love to do it though but my job in the Marine Corps won't allow it for awhile.Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound, Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.

Silver BMR

Registered Member
    Member No: 114831 guardodoc is an unknown quantity at this point guardodoc's Avatar

Yes | No

Congratulations

Thanks for being a Marine I appreciate your sacrifice so I can enjoy my freedom. Enjoy the car. Harloff BMW (Encinitas) has treated me well as has Continental in Oceanside.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Congratulations

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound, Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.

Silver BMR

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

SoCal eh. Well from what I hear your 6er will not be lonely out there. Several folks over on b i m m e r f e s t complain of seeing too many 6ers in their daily travels. I am fortunate that I see another about once every 2 - 3 months, not that it matters all that much.

Good onya for the Corp duty. I see less and less people doing their bit in the Services. Back in my management days I hired almost exclusively from the ex-military ranks. Now it is so hard to find any 25-45 year old ex-military to hire. But, I'm equally sure it does not look that way to those that do get out:)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

I actually live in Temecula (1 hour north of San Diego) and aside from a couple of 645's, I believe I have the first 650 in town. I see a 6er every now-and-then driving down to San Diego to work, but that's about it. BUT in LA, you do see a few.

Thanks for the kind words for the Military.

I've driven 600 miles now and the only problem I've had is my cell phone lost conectivity from the car and I had to do a re-connect. This was a good thing though because now my Contacts list shows up on the Nav where as before it didn't.

This car is awesome!
    Silver BMR

Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound,
    Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.[IMG]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information