+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 140746 balebond is an unknown quantity at this point balebond's Avatar

Yes | No

Do I have any recourse?

Hi all,

I'm hoping to find out if I have any options in a used vehicle purchase. I bought a 1990 BMW 750 IL from a used car lot in So. Cali for $5500 in Dec '05 as well as a newer Lexus SUV. The BMW had 130K miles and was sold "as is". In between now and then we had several struggles with our family including having to hospitalize my wife for weeks to avoid premature delivery and closing on our first home while she was in the hospital all the while living in an Extended Stay because another home deal fell through.... anyway, I say all that to get to the point that I drove the car maybe 2K miles and we've been really preoccupied. The Lexus is fine but the first visit to the BMW dealership this week revealed that the car needs $10K in repairs and is absolutely unsafe to drive.

I can pretty much tell Lemon Law is out of the picture, but is there any advice on any potential course of action here? Thanks for your time and replies.

Green///Machine

Yes | No

Should of had a Pre-purchase inspection...

done by an independent repair shop before you bought a 16 year old BMW...

I would not service a 16 year old BMW at a dealership anyway, find a good independent shop in your area and get a second opinion on the repairs... The repair estimate might be more reasonable...

I'm curious what repairs are needed that make the car unsafe to drive?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information