+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey Ian: Well, are you finished?

Did you graduate yet?
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Inner Circle ©39 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

Ian has left the building!

Viv
    Sacramento, CA
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Ian has entered the building!

YES! Well... Kinda...?
    Still waiting on grades to be posted, I only had to fulfill one requirement.
    That stupid [Oops!] Engrish requirement, who says I need to know Engrish to survive here in the states? Heh heh.
    But things are looking good, but if they do take a turn for the worst I'll just go in and talk to the professor. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear!
    I walked last Friday, FINALLY... Jeez.
    Now I'm working on a resume and hoping to get a job at a company down in San Mateo, then I'll for sure have to kick back beers with Kev =D
    I just blew a tire this morning, ugh...
    Trying to pick up some new (used of course) rims with 70%+ tread on them, having no luck with craigslist tho...
    Most people are selling 3 series rims with 40+ mm offsets.
    I need a 16x7 with 5x120 lug patter with a 20 mm offset... damn e28!!
    Then I have to work on the front end suspension, the half chewed bushings are causing camber issues leading to nasty uneven wear on top of my "crazy" driving.
    How are things going? Is the little one back in town yet? Err... they're on the quarter system aren't they?
    Sac is gettin' hot these days!! Poor you, it's still pretty chilly down here in Berkeley, I love it!
    Gimme an update!

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Yes | No

Glad to hear you are alive and kicking, plus

graduated!
    The local son has finished his first year of college; the other will be finished in a couple weeks, and we'll be heading down there to move him out of the dorm and bring him home for the summer. He's doing great -- on the dean's list for 2 quarters so far ;-)
    We're busy here, and plan to head up the hill to get the condo ready for vacation renters. Want to rent it for a few days? Car is running great. Took it up to Chico for a grad school graduation last Friday. It purred along nicely, even with Speed Racer driving it. I'm planning some club events in the future. One will be a tour/lunch/tasting at Ironestone Vineyards. Maybe you'd be interested. I'll post more info as I get it set up. That's about it. Congrats on finishing school!
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 95952 blakjak20 is an unknown quantity at this point blakjak20's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Glad to hear you are alive and kicking, plus

Ohhhhhhhhhh winery trip??? Sounds like it'll be tons of fun heh heh, well! Finally got some rims on my baby, well... real rims that is.
    16x7.5 Borbets, a perfect match for my e28! BRAND new tires too, well... pretty damn new with less than 1000 miles on them. Got 'em for 375 which is better than paying 280 + tax at costco to get some crappy tires put on the stock rims. Problem is, a brake pad wore down to nothing and gouged my rotor! Ack... Got 2 new Brembo rotors and the brake pads for 140 after tax. Not too bad considering they'll be lasting quite some time, I'm also getting cut off next month so it looks like she'll be mine for at least another 30k miles until I can get a new one, maybe an e39?? ;]
    Good to hear the local son has finished, is he going to ARC or SCC? Wow, Dean's list for 2 quarters... he just has to keep it up! I've never gotten anything like that, but I'm different! I just needed to graduate, which I did lol. My major GPA isn't too bad, just the messed up first year at Cal that's pulling the overall down... Damn the Cal math department!!! Those bastards! Where's your condo at? Just curious, I'd rent it if my aunt didn't have a cabin up in Truckee I just so happen to have the keys to ;]]
    Sounds like you're not driving the pink panther around much these days?? I still want your RIMS!!! Those are some hot OE rims!
    I'll send pix as soon as I find time to wash her up, once I get the front end rebuilt I'll be able to go on them fun drives of yours too!
    This shimmy has got to go... damn the BMW engineers making crappy upper control arms! Hopefully I can do the work myself, can't stand paying the mechanic to do the work. Although I called my dad's friend and he can handle all the brake work tomorrow morning for 70 bucks labor =D
    Frappuccino some time?? It's starting to get hot around here!
    We gotta get Kev too! Or you could always meet us somewhere around the mid-point as long as Kev has a nice fun drive to deal with.

88 528e Auto 148k and Still Climbing
    Finished Projects: Pioneer DEH-P860MP, 2 Sets MB Quart Premium Components w/ X-Overs, Directed 500W 4-Channel Amp pushing all speakers.

Yes | No

Hey Ian, sounds like you're doing OK , my friend.

My car has had more miles put on it within the past year than I'd like to see on it. I like low mileage on my cars, and then I like to keep them a lonnnnng time. Driving to and from SLO isn't helping it any.
    Condo is in Truckee. You'll have to keep me posted when you're up there and maybe we can meet up. MAYBE you could come over for dinner or something. Sorry, no smoking at my house. Have you quit yet? ;-) Just yanking your chain.
    I'm willing to meet up half way w/you and Kev for a mocha. Let's talk about a date off-line.
    Viv
    Sacramento, CA

Registered Member
    Member No: 56335 ibew595 is an unknown quantity at this point ibew595's Avatar

Yes | No

I am only here lurking

Viv,
    Send me some info on your cabin for weekend rates and an estimate of how long in advance you would need to know. I haven't been up to Truckee in decades and usually stay in a hotel at Lake Tahoe. Nothing for sure set but I wanted the info for just in case.
    Ian,
    Glad you be gettin' teh engrish souted out brah. You bee a graduate tooo!
    Dora graduated in January and walked on Saturday for her masters. Neil Young and his wife both received honarary doctorates at SF state and I was within "touching" distance of him after the ceremony.
    Kevin

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 595
    2000 740i Impala brown

My baby
    BMW Food for the soul

Kevin Goto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information