+ Reply to Thread
    SHADYM5

Yes | No

Running Scared in Richmond?? Funny Story!!

Okay, here is a great story, looking at buying a 510 to autocross, driving the M5 to Santa Rosa to see a 4 door, before I leave the office I see a 74 peanut corolla in Richmond worth stopping to have a look at which is on the way. I see the corolla, he want to much money $$$, car in great shape....I am already in a bad area, leaving I am heading south to get back on free way. The shifter comes completely loose. I am in the worst neighbhorhood in Richmond, in my M5....looking completely white in a Hawaii shirt and jeans!! Call tripple AAA crying get your [Oops!] here!! Call the guy who's car I just saw, asking him to come sit with me till the truck get there. AAA got there in twenty minutes...which was a long time..........Car towed home on flatbed. laughing all the way.

What is the problem and how long should it take to fix??

Couple days later I bought the 510, great car.

Shady

Registered Member
    Member No: 10568 scottiesharpe is an unknown quantity at this point scottiesharpe's Avatar

Yes | No

Same as all e28

It is the same shifter setup as nearly all BMWs from that era. The clip probably fell out and the pin came loose. Scottie Sharpe
    84 745i 15 lbs boost, BMWTurboPerformance.com MAF kit, 17x9 3pc BBS, clean underwear, Executive Interior
    88 Dinan-badged M5, M88 motor with 2 row conversion, Dinan Stage 4 suspention, Dinan 17x9.5 3pc wheels, 255/40 Conti Sport X 4, Racing Dynamics software, e34 rear brakes, B&B Stainless steel Exhaust, F&R LaDue stainless steel strut bars.
    67 1602 Ireland coil overs, brembo brakes, Dual Weber 45
    Do you BMWwikiwiki.com ??

Registered Member
    Member No: 34345 docdave is an unknown quantity at this point docdave's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Running Scared in Richmond?? Funny Story!!

Mine did the same thing. My wife freaked when it happend to he in traffic - told her just to put it back on like I always did. She did NOT laugh. I fixed it. She has no sense of humor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information