+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waiter news

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Waiter news

I tracked the transport of my 650 conv. through the shipping website. The ship left Germany on 5/18 and will not arrive in Charleston SC until June 7, after a variety of stops in Europe and the UK, although the itinerary list NYC as a stop before SC. My assupmtion is that it will take about 10 days for the car to get to my dealer after arrival and prep in SC. Ordered the car on April 28 and it was bulit by May 12.

Registered Member
    Member No: 86565 goalie27 is an unknown quantity at this point goalie27's Avatar

Yes | No

In The Same Boat - Literally

My 650i Convertible is on the same boat with your baby. Scheduled to dock in NY on June 2, and then go through the whole VPC process in northern NJ. With luck, it might be at my dealer in suburban Philly by June 9 or so. Can't wait!!! Good luck to you, and let's hope for smooth voyage!

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

I thought that all BMW's landed in SC for prep...

If it arrives in NY, perhaps I'll get my 650 conv. a day or two after you get yours. Just in time for some decent top-down weather!

Registered Member
    Member No: 86565 goalie27 is an unknown quantity at this point goalie27's Avatar

Yes | No

More Than One VPC

BMW has VPCs in California, South Carolina, and northern New Jersey. Our boat, the Titus (call sign: SGAK) is due into New York on June 2, and then gets to Charleston (after an intermediate stop in Baltimore) on June 7. With luck, my car will be at my dealer (West German BMW, Fort Washington, PA) sometime between June 7-10.

Registered Member

Yes | No

VPC should be VDC (Vehicle Distribution Center)

Registered Member

Yes | No

My 650i should also go to NJ VPC, as dealer is...

in Boston. The Titus stop in Baltimore may well be for Porsche's. My GF's Carrera 4S is on a boat now bound for Baltimore according to the dealer, but they do not know, or did not bother to check which vessel. So we may both get our cars at about the same time. She is more interested in driving the 650i conv. than the 997, which is fine with me, as I have owned a 996 C4S and the 997 is much better. I could drive it all day long. She thinks that the exhaust note sounds like it has glass packs in the system. To me the 997 exhaust note with Sports Chrono IS music.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Waiter news

Here's a link to the WW liner Titus' schedule (my car is on this boat, and I think yours is too -- and possibly your girlfriend's). In Halifax today, NY on the 2nd, then Baltimore, then Charleston.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/vesselSearch.do

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thank you. Given that I ordered the 650 on 4/28...

the system has been quite efficient. One month seems like a very long time, but it is not. Of course, as the weather has improved here I am more eager to get the car. Maybe by June 12.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information