+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 32350 destro is an unknown quantity at this point destro's Avatar

Yes | No

Used 645 Anything specific to look for?

I just test drove a used 645 with 18k on it. And i'm in love. Is there anything to look for? good or bad? Used they are going for around 58k on ebay. what do you guys think of yours? it's either a used 645 or used 745 for me. I've only driven the 645 though. and i herd the early 745's were basically bata tester cars.

Thanks for any tips

Registered Member
    Member No: 65250 mu2002cs is an unknown quantity at this point mu2002cs's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Yes, many things

You need to pull a Carfax and make sure the car has not been bought back or in an accident. These cars are very difficult to repair and several early cars had problems that required buy backs. Suggest you search this forum for "KathyO" and follow her saga (look for posts in the summer/fall of 2004).

The later the build date the better. I have a May, 2004 build car with SMG. Have only had one major problem - the hydralic pump on the transmission failed at 17k miles. This pump is only on SMG cars.

Also, if the owner has all of the service history, this is good as you can sit with the owner and review any issues with the cars. If the CarFax shows multiple owners - stay away.

Good Luck,
    Mike

Registered Member

Yes | No

thanks for the reply.. I'm looking at this car below http://cars.kbb.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending%2CDISTANCE+ascending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_5_%7CD-_3896_%7CN-N%7CR-50%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%2CDISTANCE+ascending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-08504&aff=carskbb&paId=198618070&recnum=16&leadExists=true&sellerFirst=true

Registered Member

Yes | No

sorry forgot to say if anyone can carfax this? or if you can tell build date by VIN?

Registered Member
    Member No: 127514 BrianINSF is an unknown quantity at this point BrianINSF's Avatar

Yes | No

Here is a VIN decoder site. Not much info but some info nevertheless.

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

'05 645ci, Mineral Silver Metallic/Cream Beigh Dakota Leather/Ruthenium Pearl Gloss Wood Trim, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Audio Sound Pkg(Logic7), Sport Pkg, 6-speed Steptronic, Sirius Satellite Radio, Tinted windows, Star Spoke (Style #92),Hardwired Bell Pro RX65 Radar,O2 XDA IIs WiFi Pocket PC/Phone, Top speed 134mph :)!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Can anyone here carfax this 645?

The VIN thats listed for this car is WBAEH73414B215190 if someone can carfax this for me i would appreicate it. This is a 2004 645

Thanks guys..

i also posted this in the 745 board as i'm also looking at picking up a used one of those.

Who knows.. i'm starting to get a little scared about these BMW's

Registered Member
    Member No: 29499 bobkar is an unknown quantity at this point bobkar's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Can anyone here carfax this 645?

Get your own account. Carfax is a good service that loses a fortune due to theft of services and sharing accounts. If you csa afford a 645, you can afford the Carfax fee.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    06 650i Silver Grey

Registered Member

Yes | No

Anyone need a carfax done let me know

I just got unlimited carfax. On the E32 Board us poor old BMW owners use to share, so i'm extending the favor over here.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Registered Member
    Member No: 141683 leonberkeley is an unknown quantity at this point leonberkeley's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anyone need a carfax done let me know

VIN: 1NXBR12E8XZ173888

Send to my email: [email protected]

Thanks a lot!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 62789 yhofmasp is an unknown quantity at this point yhofmasp's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anyone need a carfax done let me know

Are you still able to get a carfax? Here's the VIN: WDBTJ75J13F053956
    Thanks.

Registered Member
    Member No: 69511 QTRTO8 is an unknown quantity at this point QTRTO8's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Used 645 Anything specific to look for?

Destro,

I have an 05 Silver Grey 645 that I am trying to get out of for personal reasons (we can talk via email or telephone more specifically.) Anyways, it has less than 4000 miles on it and is in great shape. I too am in Jersey so send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. The terms are quite favorable. Thanks.

Raj

Registered Member

Yes | No

Does it drive straight after the accident?

I would definatly consider it but the only thing that worries me is the accident. How is it before and after?

Registered Member
    Member No: 112464 schow is an unknown quantity at this point schow's Avatar

Yes | No

2004 645ci available in April 2007...

Hello.
    My lease ends in 4/2007 (3 year lease). Will still have another year of service and maintenance.
    I'm in South Jersey. Love the car. Runs great. currently with 22,000 miles on it. No accidents.
    If interested and willing to wait, I can buy out the residual and sell at a discount.
    Let me know if interested.

Shih-han

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: 2004 645ci available in April 2007...

I'm in south jersey too. I just picked up a 2005 645... i wish you would have posted 2 weeks sooner!!! I prob would have waited. What color?

antonio3 @ gmail. com

Registered Member
    Member No: 112464 schow is an unknown quantity at this point schow's Avatar

Yes | No

Congrats...

Congratulations!
    My 6 comes with SMG, sport package, winter package and upgraded sound system; metallic sapphire black.
    I also purchased a second set of dedicated snow tires from TireRack.
    I live in Marlton; whereabouts are you located?
    Considering the M5 next, but not too enamored with the way it looks.

Shih-han

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Congrats...

I live near the shore.. but i work in Mt Laurel.

antonio3@ gmail.com is my email. I'm thinking of selling mine soon i may be opening up a restaurant soon and need to clear that payment off for bank people.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information