+ Reply to Thread

Thread: M6

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 139315 SilverBMR is an unknown quantity at this point SilverBMR's Avatar

Yes | No

M6

I was at the Dealer in Redondo Beach, Ca over the weekend. They had two M6's on the floor. A dark blue one for $127,000. The other was a black one with 335 miles on it for $130,000. Not sure why they were marked at that price, but for $50,000 over what I paid for my 650, I couldn't justify owning one even if I could afford it. Beautiful cars though.
    Silver BMR

Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound,
    Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.
    [IMG]

Registered Member
    Member No: 127514 BrianINSF is an unknown quantity at this point BrianINSF's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6

There is one going on eBay (item #4645265662)located in Florida with this description:
    2006 BMW M6.. Black on Black.. Heads up display, complete wood trim, full merino leather, 7 speed smg.. Does include 22inch Avus rims... MSRP of $106,390..

'05 645ci, Mineral Silver Metallic/Cream Beigh Dakota Leather/Ruthenium Pearl Gloss Wood Trim, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Audio Sound Pkg(Logic7), Sport Pkg, 6-speed Steptronic, Sirius Satellite Radio, Tinted windows, Star Spoke (Style #92),Hardwired Bell Pro RX65 Radar,O2 XDA IIs WiFi Pocket PC/Phone, Top speed 134mph :)!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 139315 SilverBMR is an unknown quantity at this point SilverBMR's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6

I'll keep my 650. Thanks. I would never use that kind of power plus I like the Step tranny and the other comforts the 650 has. In my opinion, the price they're getting for the M6 is outrageous. I drive my car 110 miles a day to work and back. It's my daily commuter. I can't see driving a 500 horsepower monster to work everyday, even though it would be fun in certain circumstances. I'm averaging 19.1 mpg through 1700 miles so far (average speed of 45.2). I doubt the M6 would come close to that.

Just wondering what kind mileage everyone else is getting. I've seen anywhere from 12-19 on the "other" board.

Silver BMR

Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Step, Premium Sound,
    Sport, Comfort Access, Dark Birch trim, Heated Seats, HD and Sat radio.
    [IMG]

Registered Member
    Member No: 37843 psybj is an unknown quantity at this point psybj's Avatar

Yes | No

M6 mileage

Am getting only 10-11 in town but only have 1200 mi on it so far. Of course that means that I haven't been able to rev past 5500, who knows how bad it'll be when I can let it go like it's capable.psybj
    '06 ///M6 Silverstone
    '02 Acura TL-S

PREVIOUS:
    '02 ///M3 SMG
    '01 ///M3 6sp
    Acura 3.0CL
    Dodge Stealth TT AWD
    VW Thing
    Acura Legend Cpe.
    Honda Interceptor
    Honda Prelude
    M-B 450SL
    Piper Cherokee 180
    Rx 7
    280Z
    deTomaso Pantera
    260Z
    Datsun 510 2dr
    Harley-Davidson
    MGA Mk.II (<400 manuf)
    VW bugs
    Triumph TR-3A
    Ford convertible
    Renault Dauphine
    James
    Chrysler HEMI
    + Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

Registered Member
    Member No: 12336 BMW_Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point BMW_Tiger's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6 mileage

Congratulations!! Any impressions compared to your M3's, even under breakin conditions??

Registered Member
    Member No: 37843 psybj is an unknown quantity at this point psybj's Avatar

Yes | No

M3 comparisons

The SMGIII is far better than the M3's SMGII. The M6 downshifts immediately from 7 to 3 or 4 or 5 depending on gas pedal pressure.

The car is much more comfortble and roomy. My wife didn't like the M3 at all but likes the M6.

M6 has torque plus. Don't feel like need revs to move out in M6, did in M3. M6 responds from any speed. M6 is made to let it all hang out on the open road.

I just thought the M6 was fast, then today I got the 1200mi service and tried on the added power...WOW!

The M3 felt more tossable but I dunno yet if it really was or if I'm just too scared to toss the M6. OTOH the M6 has taken anything I dished out without a complaint.

I would feel much more comfortable on the track with the M3 while the M6 is much more suited for the open road.

My bro has a '73 Challenger with a strong V8, well over 400hp, much faster than the M3. When he drove the M6 with only 100mi and only 400hp he proclaimed it "scary" and "handles like a go-cart" -- I disagree with the go-cart bit but it does handle well. Expect bro to go into the engine again soon.

Comparing 911, M3 and M6:

Handling/low speeds -- 911, then M3, then M6. M3 and 911 are close.

Useable power -- M6, 911, M3. M6 far ahead.

Highway power -- 911 is ahead of M3 but nothing I have ever driven compares to the M6.

I once chased a Ferrari Marinello (the 485 hp V12) up to 147mph in the M3, staying quite close. The M6 would blow it away, with ease, IMO.

psybj
    '06 ///M6 Silverstone
    '02 Acura TL-S

PREVIOUS:
    '02 ///M3 SMG
    '01 ///M3 6sp
    Acura 3.0CL
    Dodge Stealth TT AWD
    VW Thing
    Acura Legend Cpe.
    Honda Interceptor
    Honda Prelude
    M-B 450SL
    Piper Cherokee 180
    Rx 7
    280Z
    deTomaso Pantera
    260Z
    Datsun 510 2dr
    Harley-Davidson
    MGA Mk.II (<400 manuf)
    VW bugs
    Triumph TR-3A
    Ford convertible
    Renault Dauphine
    James
    Chrysler HEMI
    + Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

Registered Member
    Member No: 37721 Ed_Healey is an unknown quantity at this point Ed_Healey's Avatar

Yes | No

We are gettinga about 5 laps per tankful.

Depending on who is driving. This thing guzzles the old petrol!

Registered Member
    Member No: 141667 dhp is an unknown quantity at this point dhp's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: M6 mileage

My M6 is getting about 13 mpg. I drove it from Nashville to Cincinnati this weekend and it registered about 15 gallons for the 300 mile highway drive. I think that's 20 mpg highway, going 75 to 90 mph. When I first got it, it would only get about 200 miles per tank or less in city driving.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information