+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 138764 biztraveler is an unknown quantity at this point biztraveler's Avatar

Yes | No

An unusual occurence over the weekend -answers?

I have a 4 week old 650i convertible. This weekend in SoCal was a beautiful weekend and went for a drive up the coast. I stopped and when I got back in the car I got a warning signal that said there was a transmission problem that the car might start without my foot on the brake and to drive moderately. I did drive moderately and then after stopping again the message went away (and no longer showed up on the check message light). The electronic check on the car was fine. However, the DTC light was now on and a message to check engine soon. Then I pushed the DTC button and that light went out and the next day everything was back to normal. I don't think I turned the DTC on by accident, but anything is possible. Any other ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: An unusual occurence over the weekend -answers?

Type tranny?? SMG seems to have most funny actions and messages, but not to say others may not as well. If u chance by your dealer u might have them check all fluid levels, making sure any hydraulic systems are topped off. Some (probably a hand full) deliveries have been reported with some low fluid levels.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 112464 schow is an unknown quantity at this point schow's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: An unusual occurence over the weekend -answers?

I have 2004 645Ci SMG. The first year I had the car, I would get periodic engine alerts (failure of DSC, tranny, etc.).
    Would bring it in each time and dealer would update software, which would take care of the problem briefly.
    Finally, they replaced my tranny TWICE, and now my car runs GREAT! Haven't had a problem for a year now.
    Would definitely bring it in to have it checked out.

Shih-han

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information