+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 37721 Ed_Healey is an unknown quantity at this point Ed_Healey's Avatar

Yes | No

New brakes at just over 4000km.

The rears were looking a bit low, as the nanny had been working overtime, and sure enough, the onboard diagnostics had a warning that they were getting thin. Went to the local dealer unannounced and the replaced all the pads for somethzing like €224! Seemed pretty reasonable to me. The also washed the car and filled the windscreen washer on our 320d hire car for free.

They recommended new discs, but hadnīt any in stock. I think that the blue colour put them off a bit. No real nasty wear or cracks yet though. Funny enough even with the stock pads we have had no trouble with pad material transferring inspite of the overheating.

When is BMW going to come up with brakes that are equal to the job?

Registered Member
    Member No: 85426 kedelbach is an unknown quantity at this point kedelbach's Avatar

Yes | No

how many NS laps did you drive?

any sections particularly fun with the M6?

~BTG?

How bad was the damage?

love to see in-car footage - take any?

later
    Kurt

Registered Member
    Member No: 37721 Ed_Healey is an unknown quantity at this point Ed_Healey's Avatar

Yes | No

Kurt, were you there today? I was in the CSL.

The M6 is rather hefty for throwing around the NS, but it sure does move! SX comes up pretty quickly for one. With the nannies switched off and in the harshest settings it is a ball, but very thirsty, and the weight conspires with the dinky brakes to keep one just that wee bit conservative.

Registered Member
    Member No: 85426 kedelbach is an unknown quantity at this point kedelbach's Avatar

Yes | No

yeah but I got there later than hoped for

would have loved to get another ride in Thorlief's CSL, this time with a totally dry track.
    The SLK was for the most part a dog, but after figuring out how to keep the auto-box in 3rd or 4th I got into a groove with it. 205kph before the crest is nowhere near CSL/M6 speed, but exciting enough on skinny all weather tires, with the top down!

couple pics here

you should have been there Monday, great day!!!
    Have you had a pax with Miata Matt from CA? Holy fricken shnikies, he can DRIVE!!!!! Started 201st in the 24 race, finised 101st in an Alfa tdi, which required a gearbox change mid-race!

cheers
    Kurt

Registered Member

Registered Member

Yes | No

Those Bentleys at the Pistenklause were amazing!

Great weekend for old car nuts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information