+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 176141 sunyn70 is an unknown quantity at this point sunyn70's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Clear Coat??

BEWARE OF U-Coat-It floor coatings.... Search Problems with U-Coat-It.

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No

Just noticed all my pics were gone, Here they R (m

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No

Try this again, I hit the enter key by mistake (m

My garage (30'x26') was built in 91 and after 14 years the cement floor had settled and cracked to the point it was starting to look like the grand canyon. We decided to jackhammer the old floor and have a new one poured. After 14 years of collecting stuff the garage was full of junk, isn't that where it always ends up?
    Here is what the garage looked like at it's worse point, full of stuff (mostly mine) and me working on my old ride.

In order to do this everything had to be removed, which was a good time to heave a lot of stuff.
    After the old floor was removed these guys started their thing at 7AM.
    By 4 PM they were done.

Living in the northeast gets cold in the winter, so a heated garage is nice, as well as A/C for those hot muggy summer days, you never know when you may want to do a few mods or get your car ready for the BMW Concours.

OK, the cement has cured for 30 days and it's time to start with the epoxy. I used Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield. Each kit ($100) will cover 500sq ft. so I bought 2 kits. This is a water based clean up product that I found easy to use. You mix the A and B parts together, wait ~30 minutes and start painting with a brush and/or roller.

This kit comes with packages of small colored plastic flakes that you can sprinkle on the floor. Just throw small amounts up in the air and let it fall to the floor. This works much better than just dropping it on the floor, you get a more even distribution. I used about 1/2 of one package for my whole floor.
    You can walk on the floor after ~16-20 hours, but can't drive your car on it for 7 days while the epoxy cures to the cement. This may be a show stopper for some of you, so other floor coverings may make more sense.

I insulated the lower cement walls and then moved a few things back in.

So now you have this nice floor that you can easily sweep, anything you spill on it will clean up easily and not stain it.
    Another chore, sweep and wash you new floor. I don't mind it, it's nice to be able to walk on it in your bare feet and not have sand and pebbles stick to your feet.
    And when friends (dons540 car) come over for a Garage Day/cookout/drink beer event, they can drool over your new floor.

After 8 months, it is still fairly empty....the wife is pleased!

Now if I only had a 3 car garage!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information