+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

Got my 650i Convertible yesterday!

I have only put 75 miles on my 650 since yesterday evening when I took delivery of my Stratus Grey, Chateau Red, Head Up Display (an astonishing invention for drivers), Active Steering, Sport, Logic 7 sound system, PDC, Sirius (not too sure that this is what I want long haul, especially since the iPod connection will be available shortly)and comfort access (wonderful feature).
    The balance and torque of this car are exceptionally satisfying. No, not the fastest car on the road, but one that inspires confidence almostg instantly, despite the not necessarily intuitive i-Drive system, but one that is nevertheless accomodating if one has a bit of paitence. The car corners like it is on preverbal rails. Visibility is quite good and torque is instant, unlike my 03 CL55, whose compressor did not enter the day without drama at 1750 rpm. The CL sadly did not have the optimal driving position for me (I am 6'), as one is forced to sit rather high in the car. Moreoverf, the seats in the 650 are exceptionally comfortable and supportive.
    Coincidentally, my GF took delivery of her Carrera 4S yesterday. The difference between a sports car and a 4300 lb. luxury convertible is unsurprisingly vast. I could drive either one all day long, most of the time with a smile on my face.
    All in, the 650 is a fablous car.

Registered Member
    Member No: 86565 goalie27 is an unknown quantity at this point goalie27's Avatar

Yes | No

Congrats!

Glad to see you finally got it. Worth the wait, eh? May you enjoy many happy miles with this great piece of machinery!

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

The Carrera 4S is a fantastic car too, although...

... I don't know if I'd want to drive it as my daily driver. For me, the 650i is the perfect balance between a car like the 911 and a sedan like my 745.

Congrats on your new ride(s)!
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Congrats as well

Good choices all around, and hope it gives u great satisfaction.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information