+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 141962 cman1 is an unknown quantity at this point cman1's Avatar

Yes | No

AUX input on 2006 Bose STS

I am new to the Caddy world - just bought a 2006 STS. Car is great, but i have already found a very frustrating item that i'm hoping someone can help me with here

I have an iPod - as many people do these days - that i use for listening to all my recorded music as well as books on tape. I have been trying to figure out how i can direct connect the output from the iPod to the Bose stereo in my STS.

From what i can tell, it doesnt look like it is possible.

This is pretty amazing to me as when i called GM to talk to them about it, they said the Radios in the new caddy's are a brand new model and that they dont have AUX input capability. It also looks like there are no after market harnesses yet for it.

I just cant believe that GM has a NEW model radio without this feature. And people wonder why they are going out of business! DOnt get me wrong, i love the STS, but this company is just a little stupid at times. IMO

Anyway, i tried a wireless FM transmitter, which sounds pretty bad. I was thinking of going to a hard wired FM transmitter into the antenna plug, but am also concerned that that may not be an option either as you need an adapter for it and i cant find one that says it will work with this new radio.

The Bose setup in the car sounds really great and i dont want to install a different system for it as i would have to replace it plus all the speakers as bose automotive speakers are now powered speakers and wont work with other decks as far as i can tell

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Carl

me

Yes | No

Re: AUX input on 2006 Bose STS

TullFan

Yes | No

Carl?

So it's been about a year since you sent this around. I don't see any answers for it yet. Well, as luck would have it, I too have an '06 STS and LOVE it. If you have the nav system, in the armrest there are AV jacks that you can plug your ipod into. But by now you probably know that.

Just thought I'd put my two cents in.

HAVE FUN

Ben

Jc

Yes | No

Do you know if you can update your nav. System in the 06 caddy?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information