+ Reply to Thread
    Carol

Yes | No

Best garage LIGHTING?

I am NOT so handy when it comes to doing electrical work. I was wondering if some of you folks could recomend good lighting sources for my garage. Im looking for florescent lighting i guess( is this the best for a garage-- to get the true colors of my car and for me to wax it in there). Im looing for florescent lighting that has a built in plug that does NOT need to be wired into existing electrical lines-- I do not seem to be abe to find it anywhere all florescent lighing i have come across requires that it be connected to excisting wires and not simply plugged into an outlet. What brands, type. wattage etc. should i get. Simple and easy to set up 1 2 3.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107888 szuccaro is an unknown quantity at this point szuccaro's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Best garage LIGHTING?

Sounds like you want a simple "flourescent shop light". Any hardware store will have them. ($5-10). SteveBronze Sculpture - '75 "tii" (M2)
    http://home.comcast.net/~zuccaro/photo_Cars_BMW2002.htm

Registered Member
    Member No: 13147 tomcat is an unknown quantity at this point tomcat's Avatar

Yes | No

I heard (and use) halogens for "true lighting".

I'll send pics and reasoning if you wish.
    [email protected]

Registered Member
    Member No: 131282 twei1 is an unknown quantity at this point twei1's Avatar

Yes | No

You need to get Flouresent HO lights to get enough light. They cost more but are worth it. Get a friend to put a plug on them if you are not able yourself!
    Since you will have to by the good lights from an electrical distributor or contractor have him put plugs on.

Registered Member
    Member No: 13147 tomcat is an unknown quantity at this point tomcat's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I heard (and use) halogens for true lighting.

Registered Member
    Member No: 23191 Jeff98NY has a spectacular aura about Jeff98NY has a spectacular aura about Jeff98NY's Avatar

Yes | No

I have 4 8' florescent HO lights

2 paralelle, and 2 horizontal. Lights it up like a stadium.
    -------------

Merle

Yes | No

I am adding a 3rd stall to park my corvette in and want to make sure I have excellent lighting for show and detailing, any suggestions on the wiring or the lights them selves?

Jason

Yes | No

I heard florescent lights don't work in COLD

Is this true?

Registered Member
    Member No: 152140 chadhaas is an unknown quantity at this point chadhaas's Avatar

Yes | No

Vault markets a line of fixtures that were designed and manufactured for exactly the garage. You can learn more about them by visiting our website at: http://www.showroomgarage.com/

Here is a link to where you can download a brochure about the lights:

http://www.showroomgarage.com/garage-cabinets-flooring-lighting-catalogs.html

Here is an overview:

"Our fluorescent fixtures are the same lighting system installed by Rolls-Royce in their paint shop and manufacturing areas where accurate colour rendition that is absolutely free of glare and disturbance was a priority to attain the exclusive quality of the paint and body work."

"Rolls-Royce is more than a brand, it is an icon and it was clear that only the best lighting was required to assist with the production of the new Phantom model which was launched in 2003, which is the time when this lighting system was installed."

"A typical 100-watt incandescent bulb produces brightness measured at 1700 Lumens; but this High-Output flourescent can emit 17,600 Lumens (thatís 935% more light) from two 54 watt bulbs. Having this much more light will make finding a dropped fastener a lot easier.
    The finely patterned refractor offers excellent photometric distribution to reduce glare, an important consideration in paint & body shop areas or in a showroom where viewing vehicles in a realistic environment is important."

Registered Member
    Member No: 200259 Nasher is an unknown quantity at this point Nasher's Avatar

Yes | No
    Paint the walls white. Also having the floor as light of color as possible will make a tremendous difference when it comes to lighting the shop.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 119.94.110.39

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information