+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Obviously, it's a personal preference issue.

However, after spending some time behind the wheel of an SMG 650 at the 6DE, one thing was clear to me. If you're going to drive the car in "automatic" mode much at all, SMG is NOT the way to go. Automatic mode was a jerky mess. Manual mode was only slightly better, IMO.

But again, it's really a personal choice.
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

Mercedes with flying numbers in all places

much much better design, more user friendly car and more value. the 6 is dropping the value big time while the SL keeps a lot more.
    I'm a BMW fan but the SL is a different class altoghether. SUre you can get the 650 conv cheaper but does it really matter ? we are talking about 60-70k USD for a car. SO does it really matter that you pay 70 for an ugly ragtop with a good engine, or 80 for a beautiful hardtop conv with a great engine ?
    go for the benz and never look back

Registered Member
    Member No: 49219 JMDDHS is an unknown quantity at this point JMDDHS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Mercedes with flying numbers in all places

Your numbers are slightly off...A new SL has a base price of $96,500 plus options puts you in the $105,000 range. As for Value. I paid $100,000 (msrp) for a 2003 SL500 and traded it in 6 months ago and the most any dealer would give me for it was $57,000. Great car and in a lot of ways its a better car than the 650, But the BMW drives better, has a back seat and it is $15,000 Less...The SL, The 650 and every other car in this class will tank in value..Maybe some a little more than others, But nobody should expect to buy any of these cars and think they are coming out whole in a few years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information