+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 138764 biztraveler is an unknown quantity at this point biztraveler's Avatar

Yes | No

Driving School Weekend

I have had my BLK Saphire BLK interior 650i conv for about 3 months now. I have never had more fun driving a car. I love it and have never had a car like it. On top of everything I have now been invited for a weekend at the BMW driving school. I am going in Dec. Has anyone gone? Anyone have any tips or advice. I noticed a tour of the factory is not included. Anyone know how to arrange one while I am back there.

Thanks

Photo soon to follow.

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm going in August.

Do a search on "6 Driving Experience" and you'll probably find a lot of information about the program.

Congrats on the new ride.
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

I did a few years ago...

I took the two day driving course a few years ago. I learned more about driving in those two days then I did in all of the years of driving. Most likely you will find out you have never come close to the limits of a car.

After a year in a 745 I realized this car was the best handling car I had ever owned. I kept going around turns without complaint at a speed my other cars felt uncomfortable. So I went to the driving course to safely find out the limits. What I found out was these cars stop, maneuver while braking, and go through autocross with such aplomb they are rarely ever stretched in every day driving.

At the end of the course there is an opportunity to drive the other cars of the BMW line on the autocross course you spent the last day driving, a great opportunity to compare cars. That particular drive in a 645 convinced me to go with my current 650.

Registered Member
    Member No: 120269 LI_BMW_Owner is an unknown quantity at this point LI_BMW_Owner's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Driving School Weekend

Biztraveler,

Just got backfrom the 6er DE. Unfortunately, the museum is closed on weekends.
    Great people, great time. The skid pad, performance drive of the other cars was so much fun. We were able to test drive the M6, M5, M3, M roadster, 7 series, and X5. The BMW hosts really know how to take care their customers.The instructers said to us, "Don't worry. These are not your cars. Drive them to the limit." I even met HowardMW and another roadfly member. You will not be dissapointed. Bring a camera.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Driving School Weekend

You can get an early start and join us for the Tail of the Dragon meet and run in Asheville, NC Oct 12-15. Give u a taste of what's in store for u in December. I did 6er DE in November last year - was great fun and made me hunger for more adventure.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 138764 biztraveler is an unknown quantity at this point biztraveler's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Driving School Weekend-thank you!

Thanks for all the great input. I can't wait and would love to test the limits (you can see this by going to www.in-lifeadventures.com). thanks for the info about the museum. I will plan to not be there on the weekend.

This is a great site!

Registered Member
    Member No: 21699 metzger is an unknown quantity at this point metzger's Avatar

Yes | No

going in August too - have done M5 school

I did the M5 school a couple of years ago, and it was a great experience. I'd recommend a visit to the Zentrum (museum) if it's open when you're there. I'd also recommend a meal and some beers at the brewpub in downtown Greenville (don't remember the name - too many beers or Halfheimer's?), but it's the only one on the main drag (which may be called Main Street). Maybe I'll see you there. Weather will decide whether I drive the 650 or the Z8 down. If you have time to spare, consider a visit to Charleston, S.C. - a wonderful place to visit.

MikeMike Metzger
    2002 Z8 (silver/black)
    2006 650 sport coupe (silver gray/chateau)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information