LOOKING IF ANYONE KNOW WHO WOULD BE DRIVING A WHITE E36 M3 CONVERTIBLE or a WHITE E39 525/528 SOUTHBOUND ON INTERSTATE 91 IN MASSACHUSETTS BETWEEN AMHERST AND INTERSTATE 90 ON FRIDAY JULY 14 AT 4 PM. DRIVERS WERE COLLEGE AGE.

I was driving a rental car southbound at this time. Two white BMW's (a converticle e36 M3 (just driver?) and an e39(?) 525/528 with a driver and passenger) came up racing each other. Traffic was very heavy, but moving 60-65. I first noticed these two when they were about 6 cars back. They were darting across all three lanes, AND THE SHOULDERS, extremely recklessly. The M3 then went by me on the right shoulder at about 100 (I was in the left lane). It darted back across traffic, and snaked its way forward to the edges of my vision.

The 525/528 was fighting to catch up, darting wildly through the traffic, including cutting me off by inches. Then darted over to the shoulder, and shot forward, and weaved across a couple more times.

THEN IT HAPPENED. The 525/528 shot from the shoulder leftward, and lost control. Spun around several times, going across each lane several times. 8-12 cars tried avoiding it, spining around in all directions, tires smoking. 525/528 came to a rest on the right shoulder. Apparently no one had more than small bumps. I was working my way to the right hand lane in order to pin the 525/528 in. Before I could get there, they got it turned around, and flew off down the shoulder again. I called 911 (as did others), and immediately tied into the State Police. They were unable to catch them, at least north of 90 where I turned off.

THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST DANGEROUS DRIVING I HAVE WITNESSED, and was furious it was in BMW's. These college kids, possibly coming from UMASS Amherst orientation, were extremely lucky they didn't kill themselves, or worse, someone else.

I am posting this on ROADFLY in the hopes that someone knows these misguided young men, or their parents (possibly parents cars??) and shuts them down before something truly tragic occurs.

Thank you.