+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 61701 David1051 is an unknown quantity at this point David1051's Avatar

Yes | No

What Palm Treo or other PDA will work with 650??

I am the proud owner of a new 2006 650i. I was told by the sales manager at BMW, that my Verizon Treo 650 would work. It does not and have confimred this with both Palm and Verizon....NOT HAPPY.

But now I need a solution. I am getting mixed information on the Verizon Treo 700. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have the Treo 700 with Verizon working? Does it work well?

2. If not, I am open to other PDA recommendations. Must be a good PDA with e-mail, contacts, calendar, etc that will sync with work outlook.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107865 ptsales is an unknown quantity at this point ptsales's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What Palm Treo or other PDA will work with 650

Strange...... I've been using my TREO 650 (Sprint) on our 2004 (4-4-04 build) 645 Cic for over a year. Works just fine. Needed a software update to version "Treo650-1.12a-SPNT" for everything to work correctly. How old is the TREO 650? Both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA, so it doesn't make sense that your's won't work. Will it pair to the car?

You will not get your entire phone book, only those in your "Favorites" keys will transfer to the car.

BTW, the TREO 650 also works great with our 2005 Audi A6.

Frank

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

I paired a Treo 650 (Verizon) with my 6er also.

The only thing I was missing was the signal strength bars on iDrive. They never displayed, but all of the other features of the phone worked properly. (And you're right about only the "favorites" transferring to iDrive.)

I have recently switched to the new Motorola Q and it works as well. Only on that phone, the entire phonebook -- hundreds and hundreds -- transfer. I don't like that nearly as well.

Luckily, I use the PDA phone as my second line (and keep it in my briefcase most of the time). I use a Verizon RAZR as my main line.
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Wouldn't it be great to be able to use

two different phones on the same line for different purposes/occasions. I'd be all over that!

Frank

Registered Member

Yes | No

That'd be perfect.

I love having the MotoQ, because I can receive my work email, have access to all of my contacts, etc. At times, it's truly necessary.

However, for all the other times, I don't want to have to carry that damn thing around. Even the MotoQ and all of its thinness is still larger than I want to deal with all the time. For those times (weekends, evenings, etc.), the RAZR is perfect.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111818 chapelhillchuck is an unknown quantity at this point chapelhillchuck's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: What Palm Treo or other PDA will work with 650

If anyone has a Cingular Treo 650 that has gotten it to pair with the 645/650 I would like to know what needs to be done and where to get the software downloads. I have not been able to get my Cingular Treo 650 paired with my 645.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111909 sweet545 is an unknown quantity at this point sweet545's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wouldn't it be great...(YOU CAN)

you can.

I have a verizon account and also use a pda type phone (Samsung SCH-i730). Love some of the features but it is cumbersome is some situations. When I don't need the functionality of the Samsung, I "forward" the phone number to an additional line (Razor phone) by dialing *72 followed by the phone I am forwarding it to (e.g. *724445551212). All calls made to my primary phone are then automatically sent to my Razor. To undo it you simply dial *73 on the primary phone.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Wouldn't it be great...What a great idea.

Never thought of that. Most plans allow you to add a second phone (with it's own number of course) at a nominal charge to share minutes.

Someone chime in here if you can see a downside to Monty's plan.

Thanks,

Frank

Registered Member

Yes | No

I do the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information