+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 103722 boshaugh is an unknown quantity at this point boshaugh's Avatar

Yes | No

Has anyone ever had there Sat radio presets reset?

When i got in my car today (it had been parked for 2 days) and turned it on all the satellite radio presets were erased. has this every happened to anyone? i found it very annoying

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Has anyone ever had there Sat radio presets reset?

Did not, perchance, grab the "other" key or fob? That's the only time it happened to me.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 103722 boshaugh is an unknown quantity at this point boshaugh's Avatar

Yes | No

actually thats exactly what happened

i was using my other key. how come you cant get presets from 1 key when using the other?

Registered Member
    Member No: 127925 jaxxk8 is an unknown quantity at this point jaxxk8's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Has anyone ever had there Sat radio presets reset?

Yeah this happened to me recently. I went to a wedding and valet took my car, when they returned it my presets were gone in both satellite radio and regualar fm station too.
    I was so f-ing pissed i went back and freaked but they claimed they didnt touch anything.
    so i re stored all stations to whatever i remembered that i had.
    2 days later it miraculously went back to normal. and all my lost stations returned and replaced the ones i added when they were deleted all using the same key.
    Very weird but i was happy they came back.
    05' 645 coupe

Registered Member
    Member No: 29499 bobkar is an unknown quantity at this point bobkar's Avatar

Yes | No

cuz that's how it's designed!

__________________________________________________ _________________
    06 650i Silver Grey

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: cuz that's how it's designed!

From a previous Geez Tech post: "you can use second key and just match everything when using the second key then they will be the same. or
    The dealer can assign the same personalization number to the key which will do the same but they may charge you for it unless you someone there that will help you out.
    Just take both keys with you."

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information