+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 143295 aggs400 is an unknown quantity at this point aggs400's Avatar

Yes | No

Dinan software for '00 M5, no other Dinan upgrades

I know Dinan software has benefits for those who install Dinan upgrades, but if I do not have any upgrades, and do not plan to have any, on my 2000 M5, is there any benefit of installing the software, other than removing the speed limiter?

Registered Member
    Member No: 91008 orion7701 is an unknown quantity at this point orion7701's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Dinan software for '00 M5, no other Dinan upgr

I just had the Dinan Stage 1 software installed (took advantage of the sale).

My biggest reason to do it now is based on Dinans policy of only charging the difference on the regular software prive when you upgrade to the next stage. This means that if I ever end up doing anything else (and never say never ;-) the next stage will only cost me about $100 bucks. So in effect, I am locking in the promotional price when I will want to go to the next stage.

As for the performance I can offer this. The car feels more alive and responsive. Now whether it's all in my head or not is a different story. :-)

Overall I am happy that I did it. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information