+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 76826 Z8nin is an unknown quantity at this point Z8nin's Avatar

Yes | No

PS2 Shortage

Had a sidewall nail requiring replacement for my PS2 285-30/20
    TirRack and local dealer said it has been discontinued..
    Lucky , BMW still have few in stock...
    What is the alternative ? think about changing 2(rear) or 4 tires for uniformity purpose.....?Michelin PS ,or other..

Thanks

Z8NIN
    95/555 ALPINA

Registered Member
    Member No: 34938 Wldeyefoto is an unknown quantity at this point Wldeyefoto's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: PS2 Shortage

What a bummer! The PS2s are exceptional tires and none of the alternatives I am aware of are their equal. You might consider the Dunlop SP Sport MAXX which another owner has praised highly or the Yokohama Advan Sport which is very nice all around driver. If it was my car, I would scour the BMW dealer network for a replacement tire plus a full set of PS2s for use when your current tires wear out. Most of the high performance tire development these days is aimed at 19" wheels because virtually all of the new supercars are fitted with 19" rims, so it may be some time before you have any good options for your 20" wheels. Current options I am aware of:

Bridgestone RE960 A/S, Goodrich g-force T/A KDW2, Dunlop SP Sport MAXX, Dunlop SP Sport 9000, Michelin Pilot Sport, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Yokohama Advan Sport.Grease Monkey

Registered Member
    Member No: 131676 Dogsbreath is an unknown quantity at this point Dogsbreath's Avatar

Yes | No

Dunlops

I just got back from Utah. I was fortuanate enough to have 5 hours on the Miller Motorsports Track. This is a world class race track. Do not miss any opportunity to race/practise there !

The Dunlop Sport Maxxs' are admirable. I do not know of anyone else who has these but I highly recommend them.

Dave P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information