+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 89027 jschottenfeld is an unknown quantity at this point jschottenfeld's Avatar

Yes | No

MB cheaps out!!

I know this is the 6 series board..I've been posting for the last 2 years, but I recently found out something that I thought was amazing. My partner and I went in to a Merceedes dealership to look at an E class. Do you know that leather is not standard on this $50K car!!! You have to order it as a $1,400 option. Pretty cheap if you ask me.... That's why I stick with the best, BMW.

Additionally, the salesman was impressed while showing us how you plug this 9" long dongle into the armreast so that you can use Bluetooth. I said "C'mon BMW has been doing this for years and nothing is visible or needs to be plugged in"

Jan

Registered Member
    Member No: 49219 JMDDHS is an unknown quantity at this point JMDDHS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: MB cheaps out!!

I have to add something. While I am driving a 650 now and love BMWs..The very best Mercedes I ever owned did not have Leather..It had MB TEX. In the 10 years I owned that 300D, Not one person could tell it was not leather and after 10 years, it looked like the day it left the showroom...MB Quality has gonr down alot over the last few years, But MB TEX is one of the better materials out there.

Registered Member
    Member No: 134171 gbelton is an unknown quantity at this point gbelton's Avatar

Yes | No

Let's say this. You want a Mercedes, you have to PAY to play.

MB has always charged a premium for the best while offering an empty box with SC engine that you must pay to play!

I like BMW makes decisions for balance not extreme.Enjoy the drive...

Registered Member
    Member No: 141667 dhp is an unknown quantity at this point dhp's Avatar

Yes | No

this is true! both about the material and MB quality (definately DOWN. the last good year was about '91).

Registered Member
    Member No: 104756 MartyE is an unknown quantity at this point MartyE's Avatar

Yes | No

bmw has been cheaping out ever since the last e30 roled off the assembly line.
    Marty
    '73 Atlantik[Hubert]

Registered Member
    Member No: 36477 XZLR8 is an unknown quantity at this point XZLR8's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: MB and Bluetooth

Before I purchased my 650i, I was seriously considering the SL500. The lack of BT was a sticking point for me, so I asked the dealership about MB's future plans for BT. I was told that "MB considers BT to be outgoing technology. We will never offer BT in our vehicles." Then, a month or so ago, I read about MB's BT accessory that you referenced. Interesting how the party line shifted...
    '05 BMW 745i Sport (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 650i Coupe (TiSilver/Black)
    '06 BMW 325xiT (SpGraphite/Beige)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information