+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 113961 jtulman is an unknown quantity at this point jtulman's Avatar

Yes | No

Premium Sound - Logic 7 goes silent ...

Incredibly proud owner of a 2006 650Ci with 4300 miles on her. Last night I am driving home from RI with the top down, enjoying the wind blowing through my wife's hair as well as the great tunes, when all of a sudden...SILENCE. The radio volume went silent. I looked at the screen and it was operational, the mute button was NOT highlighted and all the different Entertainment functions (AM, FM, SAT, MP3, CD, CD6) would not produce any volume. The volume eventually come back on and then it became intermittent throughout our journey home. Has this happen to anyone else and if so what did you do to fix it? Thanks.

2006 650ci Convertible
    Jet Black, Beige, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Ambiance Package, Logic 7, all but HUD and loving every mile of her.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Premium Sound - Logic 7 goes silent ...

Here is one issue..

SI B 65 02 06
    Sound System, Cruise, Alarms, Monitors March 2006
    Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B65 02 06 dated February 2006.

(New) designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
    CCC: Loss of Audio in All Modes

MODEL
    E90, E91 (3 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation and SA 677 (Top HiFi)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with SA 609 CCC-Navigation and SA 677 (Top HiFi)

E63, E64 (6 Series) with SA 677 (Top HiFi)

SITUATION
    The customer states that there is a sudden loss of audio in any audio mode (Radio, CD, etc). The audio is restored following a change of audio source (for example from FM to CD). If the customer turns up the volume using the volume knob when the audio is out, the volume may be at a very loud volume when the audio is restored.

CAUSE
    Software error in Top HiFi.

(New)PROCEDURE
    For all vehicles, on a customer complaint basis only, refer to the following procedure:

Update the complete vehicle per SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization, Programming) Procedure B.

E60/61 use Progman V21.00.00 (Target Data Status E060-06-03-510) or higher.

E90/91 use Progman V21.00.00 (Target Data Status E89x-06-03-510) or higher.

E63/64 use Progman V21.01.00 (Target Data Status E060-06-03-515) or higher.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
    Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

This may work: The computer has a reboot much like ctrl/alt/del on a PC. Just press the radio on/off and both the CD and DVD eject buttons simultaneously and the nav/radio system reboots. I have found this to cure the rare system crashes that sometimes exhibit a loss of audio. I dont think I have had to reboot once since my last software update (20.02 I think). If you dont have the most up to date software, its worth scheduling an apt for the upgrade. Good luck.

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

Registered Member
    Member No: 29499 bobkar is an unknown quantity at this point bobkar's Avatar

Yes | No

what is ambiance package?

__________________________________________________ _________________
    06 650i Silver Grey

Registered Member
    Member No: 113961 jtulman is an unknown quantity at this point jtulman's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: what is ambiance package?

As far as I understand, the Ambiance Package offers illuminated BMW kick plate on both the drivers and passengers door frame. I believe that is all it offers - I could be mistaken.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: what is ambiance package?

I think outside of US that may be an option package but a US Spec car comes with the illuminated plates as standard.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information