+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 86565 goalie27 is an unknown quantity at this point goalie27's Avatar

Yes | No

2,500 Mile Update

Just reached 2,500 miles on my 650i Convertible after 2 months. FWIW:

--Acceleration, handling, and overall performance are simply outstanding. The car drives as though it's much, much lighter than it really is.

--No defects in workmanship identified. Car seems flawless from a quality control standpoint.

--iDrive is far better today than it was in my '03 745i, so that's good. Tuning the radio is easy, as are many other functions. Still, I'd like to see BMW make the system even more intuitive.

--With the top up, the car is just about as quiet as a hardtop. Power top mechanism works splendidly.

--Navigation system is far better than what I had on my '03 745i, including the voice commands (female voice is less harsh -- maybe she's been taking Wellbutrin???)

--On the other hand, the voice recognition system is worse than the one in my old 7 Series. The system's delay in responding is frustrating, and it often misinterprets my orders. This is one area where a major improvement is needed.

--I love driving the car, and get many, many compliments on it (most people love the way it looks, including me). Bangle got this one right.

Just hoping the seamless iPod integration package come out very soon.

I remain a very happy camper.

2006 650i Convertible. Mineral Silver w/black interior & dark ash wood trim. Sport Pkg, Steptronic, Prem Sound Pkg/HD Radio/Sat Radio, Cold Weather Pkg.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

After 200 miles in 2 months I second all of your

observations.

Voice recognition is faulty and not worth the time. Easier to use the controller.

iDrive is slow to boot up sometimes and others it is almost instant.

A few hangups relating to iDrive/Bluetooth that requires shut-down and restart. Same with the tuning of the sound system. Yesterday it hung up in SAT mode so that it would not respond to any command. Upon restart it was fine, although shutdown did not produce the BMW symbol in gthe screen and it stayed in the sound system screen until it shut itself off at some point, although I did not waitg around for that.

Flawless fit and finish.

Head-up display is astonishingly good.

I look forward to iPod interface, although am not thrilled about losing the CD cassette.

An extremely well balanced car that is a pure joy to drive every day.

Registered Member
    Member No: 140295 AndrewDP is an unknown quantity at this point AndrewDP's Avatar

Yes | No

after 2000 miles, sorry for the typo

Registered Member
    Member No: 49219 JMDDHS is an unknown quantity at this point JMDDHS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 2,500 Mile Update

Joe:
    I hit the 2,500 mile mark this week as well..I agree with most of what you said with my mail gripe being the voice activation being slower than my old 04 745. I also miss the phone Key pad as its not easy to use the I drive to scroll a number and just as frustrating to voice command the number.

This car, as well as my 04 745 have been trouble free. Not one trip to the dealership...Im very happy with my choice.

Registered Member
    Member No: 134171 gbelton is an unknown quantity at this point gbelton's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: after 2000 miles, sorry for the typo

After 20K I am happy to report all is good in 650i SMG land!

Love it man...

GMANEnjoy the drive...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information