+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 86565 goalie27 is an unknown quantity at this point goalie27's Avatar

Yes | No

Roundel: 6 Series Depreciation

The most recent issue of the Roundel suggests that the new 6 Series is suffering from greater-than-normal depreciation. I haven't been checking used car prices, so I'm not sure if this is correct. But I know that new car dealers seem to be getting relatively high prices for the Coupes, and even higher ones (close to or at full sticker) for the Convertibles. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is Roundel correct?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Roundel: 6 Series Depreciation

Ah, now I found it. It was by the UK connection, Jeremy Walton. He was speaking to the UK scene and asked us US blokes to see if it was the same overhere. I think not. Several folks over on b i m m e r f e s t have given us recent examples of used purchases from just under 100 miles to several 1000 on 06 and 05 models and they seem to be pretty high up. I mean you can find bargains, but you need to wheel and deal to get'm as the asking prices are right up there.

Although new sales are lagging this year they are not far behind (less than 5% decrease ytd)'05 but then most mfrs are having trouble across the board as well. I really do not mind slow new car sales for the 6er, but I see no sign that BMW is disappointed at all and presume new and better models coming. I am looking forward to new features I hope as early as '08 such as quicker shifting and paddle shifting Step tranny (ala e92 coupe), perhaps the DSG type tranny, a new bi-turbo V8 in the 400hp region and a few more gimmicks. I am ready for a new 6er by '08 if I can keep my hands off an M6, that is.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 42672 marc.scroggins is an unknown quantity at this point marc.scroggins's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm not sure but just today checked the blue book on my 2004 645 convertible which listed it at $70k. It's in great condition with about 25,000 miles on it.

I'm about to put my order in on a 2007 M6 convertible so was curious what my current car was worth. $70k didn't strike me as too low though.

Registered Member
    Member No: 111909 sweet545 is an unknown quantity at this point sweet545's Avatar

Yes | No

I purchased a 2004 645 convertible in April of this year. I purchased with a BMW Certified Pre Owned Warranty with 2,400 miles on it. The MSRP was $82,295. It is equiped with Premium Sound, Cold Weather, and Sport Package. I paid $67k. I was seeing prices as high as $73k for this vehicle (CPO) but I personally was looking for a special deal.

Now I will also say that I looked for this vehicle for over 6 months until I found one equipped this way, in a color combination that I liked (titanium silver with Beige interior and black top) and at a price I was willing to pay. I was really hard on negotiating and drove 450 miles to pick it up.

I also sold a '04 545 that I purchased for $65k and sold for blue book at $50k in a private sale. The dealer was only willing to give me $42k for it. Both cars (545 sold and 645 purchased) were spotless.

I think that you may be able to get very close to $70k but without a BMW CPO warranty and with 25k miles you are probably pretty safe in the mid $60s.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck on the sale. Let us know how you like the M6...............

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information