+ Reply to Thread
    sw

Yes | No

black krinkle coating intake manifold

I know this is against my usual "stock apperance" stance, but I was wondering if anyone has krinkle coated some of the typically cosmoline coated parts in the engine compartment. I was thinking to have my intake, thermostat and exhaust side coolant pipe professionally bead blasted to restore them to a nice finish. I ve had this company blast and powder coat my S14 plenum and vavle cover with a black krinkle coat and they did an outstanding job. So I was thinking, maybe to have these items krinkle coated...

Registered Member
    Member No: 60903 vze33jng is an unknown quantity at this point vze33jng's Avatar

Yes | No

Why not? but when you say intake, do you mean the

throttle bodies? I wouldn't bother with them as you'll have to tear it apart completely and after the bead-blasting, you have to make absolutely sure that the parts are free of the glass. I used a petroleum distillate parts cleaner and was very satisfied with the cleanliness.

If you're still yearning, go for it, but there is some labor involved...
    '87 <b>528e</b> "is" 214.5k
    '88 <b>M5</b> 193k (Head removed, ready for reassembly)
    Dinan gen.1
    OEM Front & Rear Fuzz-buster

sw

Yes | No

was thinking throttle bodies, intake horns

Yes, I know it would be a boat load of work. So I am not really serious about it, since I have other big things to get done. Just day dreaming as to how to make all this hard work look great when I am done.

Registered Member
    Member No: 45949 Philo is an unknown quantity at this point Philo's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: was thinking throttle bodies, intake horns

I like the shinny aluminum look that shows of the TBs in the engine bay. But whatever you do I'm sure it will look cleaner than the old dirty finish of the stock TBs after a few hundred thousand miles. If you want to go through all the work you can have them anodized or powder coated to match natual polished aluminum. What ever you choose to do just make sure the blaster uses a walnut blast medium or something similar/natural that wont screw your engine up. Insist on this !

Registered Member
    Member No: 103264 tdhardin is an unknown quantity at this point tdhardin's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: black krinkle coating intake manifold

Hi,
    mine valve cover and intake are getting tired also, how much did your people charge you? any pics?
    Damion
    88m5

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information