+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

fast1eddy

Yes | No

Woohoo! I'm now the proud owner of a 97 M3/4!

My 93 320i has served me well over the last 4 years but the lack of power and Edmonton winters have taken their tole.

I've been looking for a replacement for some time now and had it narrowed down to an 00+ 530i or 330i manual. 530i manuals are hard to find and 330i's are just too common around here. Then i found a nice M3 sedan in Victoria. I had my cousin in Victoria check it out and today he picked it up for me.

I'll be flying out next weekend to pick it up. I CAN'T WAIT.

Icabob

Yes | No

CONGRATS...

Sounds like a sweet ride !!!!!

HurtinUnit

Yes | No

Awesome man, I have a 98 coupe

You will love the car, the steering and road feel is like no other car I've ever driven, including my dad's E39 M5. The throttle response makes it feel like it's hardwired into your brain and the gearbox and motor are matched perfectly.

It truly is the ultimate driving machine. Fabulous car. If you got a clean one you absolutely won't be let down.

Enjoy that drive! Be sure to remove your CDV when you get a chance, and make sure that you search through the E36 M3 board to address the relevant maintenance items.

Congrats!

fast1eddy

Yes | No

Re: Awesome man, I have a 98 coupe

Thanks.
    Fying out tomorrow AM to get it.

As a current E36 owner i have already performed most of the common maintenance,(cooling system including fan delete, suspension including control arms, bushings,brakes..etc). Luckily this car has most of the preventative maintenance already done including brand new H&R/Bilstein suspension, cooling system, belts, hoses, tensioners and brand new tires. I should be able to just enjoy the ultimate driving experience for a while.

Do you drive yours in the winter? I'm think about keeping the 320i as my winter car. Any thoughts?

HurtinUnit

Yes | No

yes I do -->

I drove it for one winter in fort mac... with a good battery it started even in -35! no block heater!

I live in Calgary now and drive it here too. Big thing is to have good tires... I did the last two winters on crap ones and it's not very fun, but get some good ones on there and there are no worries.

The steering feel lets you know when you are on treacherous ground, and you can navigate through tough spots much easier. The traction control (ASC) can kick in in some bad spots... if I am trying to get out of a parking space or maneuvering slowly I generally turn it off. It is much better for when you are cruising and it's tougher to sense that your wheels are starting to spin. It keeps you out of trouble.

That being said, if you have space for two cars and have the option to keep a winter beater, I would do it.

Icabob

Yes | No

BUMP

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information