+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

New Aftersales bulletin from BMW on Ipod for MOST

bus cars (e60/61/63/64/65/90). I cannot post pdfs here so I'll have to put in the link to one of my posts over on [Oops!]
    http://forums.[Oops!]/index.php?showtopic=29683

Since this lovely board software edits out other boards, replace [oops!] with the closed up version of E 6 0 .net
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 14315 DadsM is an unknown quantity at this point DadsM's Avatar

Yes | No

Only for E6X production dates 9/05 or later?

That rules out all '04 and '05 models then. What's the deal with that? Can it be used if Progman is updated or are there different head units in the '06 6 series?

Also, what delineates the generation of iPods. Mine is a year old, not the new "flat panel" style that came out around Christmas so is it a 4th generation?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Only for E6X production dates 9/05 or later?

I am tempted to say " wait and see" on the BMW production date. As we know there have been several cases (MP3 being one) where BMW claimed a specific date forward only to find that it would work well back (earlier production dates) then announced. I fully expect some guinea pigs will step forward (not me, I do not even own an iPod, prefering other brands) to prove or disprove the 09/05 production dates. I just got an update and I am told that when th esoftware fix is made to get the E65 working it should include a PROGMAN (CIP) update to make a E6x cars work all the way back to '04 models. More to this storey I am sure.

As far as your iPod you'll need a real iPoder to respond, sorry. However, I think your's is new enough to be a 4th gen.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 14315 DadsM is an unknown quantity at this point DadsM's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks for the tip.

Hopefully history will repeat itself in this instance and it will retrofit the earlier 6ers. More patience is required its seems. I feel a little like the young Luke Skywalker!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information