+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

engine malfunction indicator, reduced power??

2 times over the last month when I started the car before pulling out a yellow engine symbol came up on the idrive screen andd said somtething like, engine malfunction, reduced engine power. I turned the car off and restarted and it says everything is fine. I cannot find anything in the manual about this. I have gotten many strange error messages once in a while so it may be a computer error, anyone know anything?
    Other 1 time errors include:
    Seatback failure.
    Airbag system failure.
    Sat radio grayed out.

These occurred once or twice over the last 1.5yrs never to return again.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: engine malfunction indicator, reduced power??

Suggestion, carry digital camera and take pics of display, dash, etc. When u take car in for routine service tell them ahead of time that you have these faults and provide them pics. A software update with recoding may take care of these little nits, if they are not real signs of problems.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 15919 Ginger is an unknown quantity at this point Ginger's Avatar

Yes | No

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

Registered Member
    Member No: 138764 biztraveler is an unknown quantity at this point biztraveler's Avatar

Yes | No

First, great idea about the digital camera. I have a 650i conv and in the first month I had it I had this same problem. I took it to the dealer and they searched and searched and could find nothing. They then replace the "cam" (sp?) sensor and the problem disappeared. Conclusion? There was nothing wrong just a faulty sensor.

BMW 650i Conv Blk Saphire, Blk Interior - the greatest car I have ever owned.

Registered Member
    Member No: 50165 bruce12861 is an unknown quantity at this point bruce12861's Avatar

Yes | No

great idea, will be ready, good use for that camera phone.
    Also if it happens again I will ask about checking cam sensor.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information