+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No

Stupid yankee OT Q...

...Right now I'm watching an episode of the Avengers. Mrs. Peel just stepped on a scale and it measured 5 stone and some change, what does that equate to in US pounds? TIA=8^D

Skin_Mechanic's Weblog:

SUFFERING FOR MY ART!!

My Abbreviated virtual gallery at:

HELLO, BIRMINGHAM!

Registered Member
    Member No: 23092 SchnitzerM5 is on a distinguished road SchnitzerM5's Avatar

Yes | No

14.4 llb's to a Stone (i think!)So about '72 llbs'

Registered Member
    Member No: 10751 skin_mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point skin_mechanic's Avatar

Yes | No

Whoa, I didn't know Diana Rigg was THAT thin...

...It was like 5 stone+5lbs on the scale, I'll add 10lbs for good measure... That still puts her under 100lbs. For a skinny dame, she got all the curves. I have Diana Rigg to thank for my love of the original Elan, and Europa=8^) You Brits have the hellakewelest cars, like the Fisher Fury, and Ariel Atom, and Ginetta G20... I'd settle for a Marcos GT *sigh* American auto manufactures just make cars that suck. I love my Z3, but I long for something quintessentially English, like a Triumph TR-3, or Panther Kallista, or a Pimlico Domino. I'm rambling now, time to shut up and hit "enter".

Skin_Mechanic's Weblog:

SUFFERING FOR MY ART!!

HELLO, BIRMINGHAM!

Registered Member

Yes | No

ha! she was before my time! wonder woman >

Linda Carter was the first 'woman' i remember thinkin god i fancy her! - i was 8 !!

anyway.. we have sweet motors and so do you Americans! me and my bro share a Ford F150 Harley Davidson Anniversary Edition truck which we imported from Texas in 2004 when it was 9 months old! makes us minor celebrities in my town when we drive it !

a 03 530 Diesel Tourer we picked up 2 months ago for an absolute bargain price as it had 150K on it and is an ex police car!

Business partner has an E30 Touring - stuffed with an E34 M5 3.6 Engine/box and M3 running gear!

- If you take a look over on the M Lounge, a posting by Vancouver Beemerboy yesterday shows the very same Bugatti Veyron I spotted a few weeks earler and told them about but was unable to get a pic of! - small world!

And this last weekend I spotted this in my town and spoke to the owner>>

funny you mentioned it! plus thats our company Smart Car in the pic, its for when i get totally sick of filling up the F150 with petrol !

Cheers! Dennis! West London UK!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

My brother-in-law had an F-150 Harley Ed...

...I've been told that most Brits lust after American muscle cars the way I lust after old English roadsters. I guess growing up with them makes you oblivious to their uniqueness. As for the Smart, I've lusted for one since I spotted a passion on vactaion in St. Maarten, 6 years ago. I'd love to have a Brabus Smart roadster. So how much does it cost to fill up the Ford's Petrol tank? The SO just bought an F-150 king cab, it costs around $48.00USD($25.35GBP)to fill the tank. If our petrol prices ever match ya'lls, it'll spell the end of the SUV craze over here, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, I hate SUVs. Americans love to super-size everything, Homes, cars, meals... Waistlines, we're a nation of fatarses=8^)

Skin_Mechanic's Weblog:

SUFFERING FOR MY ART!!

HELLO, BIRMINGHAM!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Currently its around 92 to fill ($170 or so) >>

so very pricey - it lasts around 200-250 miles depending how much the loud pedal is pressed! Seen it as low as 165 miles out of the tank once, we were hammering it around though - scaring Porsches, Nissan Skylines, Subaru Wrxs' etc etc !

The Smart car's are fantastic for what they are, easily cruise up at 75-80mph no problem, just a little light and get buffeted around - but not overly so - the Brabus edition is nice, and I even saw a Smart with a 'comparitively enormous' 1.8 litre engine conversion once!

I know quite a bit of the US, have lots of family all over and I visit 2 times a year if I can, yes you do have big stuff there, but that also equates to much more value for money, which is severely lacking here.

There's only 'some' classic sportcars I'd like, the only brit one I think would be a Jag maybe.

Cheers! Dennis! West 'effing' Expensive London UK!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information