+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 144177 NYC2NJ is an unknown quantity at this point NYC2NJ's Avatar

Yes | No

FYI... Cracked Rims

I went into BMW of Manhatten today with a flat tire. Ended up having 2 cracked rear rims. I was expecting to walk out with a $2,000 bill when it was all over. The service advisor then came back and informed me that they have been seeing cracked rims on the 6 series alot lately and that they would be covered under warranty as well as the tire. WOW!!! Kudos to my service advisor and BMW of Manhatten.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: FYI... Cracked Rims

Well that's good news. Are these the ellipsoids? I guess u guys have a lot of potholes? No leaks, no tires, no wheels in 29,000 miles. Just going in Friday for new tires (Tire Rack dropped off at dealer). I haven't hit even the first pothole here in central FLA, so I guess I may never see this issue (I hope).
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 42672 marc.scroggins is an unknown quantity at this point marc.scroggins's Avatar

Yes | No

Same problem

I had a cracked rim in the first six months of ownership and although it took the dealer 4 service trips to figure it out they covered it within warranty. No problems since.

It was the left rear rim...

Registered Member
    Member No: 46312 asstdean is an unknown quantity at this point asstdean's Avatar

Yes | No

Cobradav- what did you get? OEM?

Are you sport (ellipsoid)? I'm only at 5,000 miles, but like to be prepared. : )

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Cobradav- what did you get? OEM?

Yep. Sure not unique when with other 6ers but sure unique when amongst other cars. And that is my usual mode 95% of the time. I was planning and almost bought aftermarket wheels prior to delivery. BUt I held off and when I saw them in person i really liked them. PLUS soooo easy to clean.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 46312 asstdean is an unknown quantity at this point asstdean's Avatar

Yes | No

same here

I was curious about your new tires just to see if there was a better option out there yet. But I don't think one can really complain about 29000 miles on high performance tires- that's a higher number than I would have expected.

Most mod I ever did ws a Dinan strut tower brace for an M Roadster. There is one out now for the 6- think I might look into it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 132328 Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point Sandra's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: FYI... Cracked Rims

Can anyone give me some information on being reimbursed for cracked rims via the BMW warranty. The dealer in Newport, RI said that it is not a warranty item. Help.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information