+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 144263 habacomike is an unknown quantity at this point habacomike's Avatar

Yes | No

Special Color

I'm moving towards getting a 6 coupe, but do not really like the colors it comes in. My dealer found an option for Special Color -- does anyone know if this is like the M3 special color of a few years ago where you could order basically any color that BMW currently or had offered on a car?

Thanks,
    Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 107865 ptsales is an unknown quantity at this point ptsales's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Special Color - BMW Individual Series

Mike, Try this link
    http://www.bmw.com/individual.

Don't know if any of the stats side dealers will look into this for you.

Frank

Registered Member
    Member No: 144263 habacomike is an unknown quantity at this point habacomike's Avatar

Yes | No

Yep, I'm aware of BMW individual, but it is not available in the US due to restrictions imposed by BMW NA. Yet the special color option is in the distribution system -- I have my dealer checking it, but if anyone here knows, I'd appreciate it.

Mike

Registered Member
    Member No: 107865 ptsales is an unknown quantity at this point ptsales's Avatar

Yes | No

Mike,

Keep the boad posted on this subject. We will be replacing our 2004 645 Cic in May of '07 and we need to begin looking into options (especially colors & interiors) soon.

We ordered our 6 at the L.A. Auto show in January of '04, took delivery in May. My wife loves the car (it's her daily driver) but really wants something different in terms of color choices.

Frank

Registered Member

Yes | No

The distributor indicated that the "Special color" option in the ordering system was in error. There is no way to get another color on a 6 through BMW NA. Bummer. I might have to buy a Maserati instead...

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information