+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 144334 johnnykretentiv is an unknown quantity at this point johnnykretentiv's Avatar

Yes | No

GEM Module Unplugged!

Hello All- This is my first post but have been lurking here for a while. I want to know if any of you have had these weird problems with your X-Type. Painless but weird.

1.) Cruise control stopped working. Because brake switch was disconnected.
    2.) Door Ajar light stayed on, alarm would not arm, dome light would not activate, trunk would open every time the doors would umlock and the driver's blinker would not work. All because the GEM module became unplugged!!!

I was on vacation and was driving through Minneapolis and all of the #2 stuff started happening. I took it to the dealer and they said the GEM module was shot and they ordered a new one. 4 days later I took it to "my guy" in Rockford IL and they said the GEM Module was just disconnected. They plugged it in and boom everything worked.

It scared me to think that I would have paid for a replacement and all the labor involved if it was out of warranty and I beleived the deal in Minneapolis. :(

Any what is with things becoming unplugged? Is this normal?

Sorry for the long message.Johnnykretentiv 2005 Jaguar X-Type
    url=http://www.theater.strangeattitude.com]My Theater Site[/url]

Karl Wolf

Yes | No

Re: GEM Module Unplugged!

All wiring connectors such as the GEM module have locking connectors so it is almost impossible for them to become unplugged by themselves.

Only a major pull of the wiring harness could unplug the connector. The only other possibility(and the most likely) is that it was plugged in but the locking connector never actually latched.

Registered Member
    Member No: 144334 johnnykretentiv is an unknown quantity at this point johnnykretentiv's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: GEM Module Unplugged!

I guess that is possible. I figured there was a sort of mechanism that stops this sort of thing from happening. You are probably right. It's too bad the first dealer did not catch it.

Now I just need new key fobs. Jeez! How long does it take to get some damn key fobs made up!!!

But I still love this car and smile everytime I get in and take a whiff.

Johnnykretentiv 2005 Jaguar X-Type

Registered Member
    Member No: 134460 jagular is an unknown quantity at this point jagular's Avatar

Yes | No

This is an issue with computer diagnostics

the computer can only deduce the cause from the symptom. The operator has to actually check the component to see if the computer has made the correct deduction.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information