+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 144101 MikeWrite is an unknown quantity at this point MikeWrite's Avatar

Yes | No

Exclusively Bimmers, just outside Charleston, SC?

Actually it's in Mt. Pleasant but that's adjacent to Charleston.

Car broke down while we're on vacation from out of state. Having rad replacement (infamous broken plastic neck), Exclusively Bimmers charging about $450, using OEM rad, can have it done same day, and is towing it for me from Rick Hendrick Imports, which a) had no OEM rad in stock, couldn't get me car until Thursday Sept. 7 (today's Tuesday) and b) was going to charge me about $850 - two hours labor plus about $500 bucks for radiator.

Any experience with Exclusively Bimmers? Owner says he worked for Hendrick for 7 years.

Thx and wish me luck with out-of-town breakdown, shop I've never heard of!!!!

Mike

Hope aka Tall_Blonde
    Member No: Hope aka Tall_Blonde's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Exclusively Bimmers, just outside Charleston, SC?

Mike, having just moved from Mt Pleasant, let me set your mind at ease about Exclusively Bimmers! They have a great reputation and they've been nice enough to answer a few questions for me - even though I was going to Hendrick because of my warranty covering maintenance & repairs! Just about anyone will refer you to them - they offer excellent service at fair prices. Enjoy Mt Pleasant and Charleston!

Hope

MikeWrite

Yes | No

I agree and recommend them

They said they bled it twice and idled it for 45 minutes; I believe 'em because after a 300-mile drive home, heavy traffic and 80mph highway, the next morning when I checked the coolant was less than half an inch below the cold line. Probably would have been fine just topping it off, but I did another bleed anyway; only got a few bubbles out.

You're right about their rep, after I had the car towed there I ran into the hotel manager, who told me he recommends them to everyone.

BTW, I should correct my earlier post - the owner worked for BMW dealerships for _17_ years, not seven.

I took a chance on a Yellow Pages ad and ended up very pleased. Hard to beat my experience for somebody with a busted car out of state!

Thumbs up to Exclusively Bimmers.

MikeWrite

Yes | No

And when there, I also recommend ...

... the she-crab soup at 82 Queen. But you already know that.

That's a big reason I _went_ to Charleston again. And because I had to stay an extra night, I ate there twice!

Also crawled through the Yorktown. Even a military buff like me could only make it through three of the six tours, do all six and you'd still see only a portion of the ship - and by today's standards she's a _small_ carrier.

We stayed at the Andrew Pinckney, I liked it. Heart of historic district but considerably less than the usual district rate. My friend couldn't bring herself to spend $160 for a smallish sweetgrass basket, though, even if they are handwoven and bursting with heritage and smell great, and all that.

Registered Member
    Member No: 151393 nsmurali is an unknown quantity at this point nsmurali's Avatar

Yes | No

Dennis from Exclusively Bimmers is a reliable well-trained, experienced mechanic, and a perfect gentleman. He does not give you a run around, and is very helpful in getting the probelm fixed at a reasonable price compared to dealership.
    I strongly recommend him for BMW service/ repairs.

Registered Member
    Member No: 167006 PhilRsc is an unknown quantity at this point PhilRsc's Avatar

Yes | No

I must strongly disagree. I just had a very troublesome experience with Exclusively Bimmer. I went there after a warning signal about my transmission was displayed. They suggested it was the flow sensor. $500 later problem still existed. they suggested new battery. $200 later problem still existed. I asked what was going on, he said it was definately the alternator. I asked him if the other items were nescessary and he said (with a smile) probably not. he has wasted $700 of MY dollars with improper diagnostics and feels no responsiblity. VERY upset how this unfolded. I am now going to someone down the street and get charged 75% of what Exclusively Bimmer would charge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information