+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 112464 schow is an unknown quantity at this point schow's Avatar

Yes | No

navigation...

Had issue with the navigation system recently.
    I don't normally use navigation.
    Once I started guidance and the system activated, I decided that I didn't need it any longer because I was headed elsewhere. For the life of me, I could not deactivate the guidance!!! And it kept trying to direct me to my original destination. How annoying!
    I'm quite familiar with the idrive system, but I could not find the prompt to shut off the guidance.
    So I reset the navigation to my new destination to shut it up. It seems the guidance continues until you reach the entered destination.
    Does anyone know how to shut off the guidance once it has been activated in mid trip?

Shih-han

Registered Member
    Member No: 65250 mu2002cs is an unknown quantity at this point mu2002cs's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: navigation...

On the same menu that you "Start Guidance" just push down to uncheck the box. You need to select the address first.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: navigation...

Thanks Mike.

Shih-han

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Or you can use the icons on the left side of the..

.....screen. just move the controller to the left so the cursor box is now over there. Scroll down the choices, I beleive the icon is an arrow facing a dot, that will turn it off.
    Hint: If your help menu is on in the right side of the screen then it will tell you what each icon does along with any other function in the i-drive.

Registered Member
    Member No: 103722 boshaugh is an unknown quantity at this point boshaugh's Avatar

Yes | No

how do you get the help menu on the right side?

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Push the controller to the right when.............

....you are in a screen, lets say "entertainment". When it moves over you see the orange line around the box, now push down on the controller and you will see a list of choices that can be displayed in that screen, help menu should be one of them.

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 99808 Kilovolt is an unknown quantity at this point Kilovolt's Avatar

Yes | No

Use the voice control........

..... press for voice control and say the word "GUIDANCE" - that turns the guidance system off. 'She' responds by saying "guidance off".

Oddly enough if you say the words "GUIDANCE ON", that will switch it back on and recall the last used destination?

So why don't you have to say "GUIDANCE OFF" to turn it of?? Very strange.

Anyway, works every time. And it's quicker than fishing about with the I-Drive at cruising speed :-)

To play with the whole system say "NAVIGATION" and after the second beep sound, say "OPTIONS", you will then get a list of what the available navigation options are through voice control. "OPTIONS" works for every menu option that is currently on the screen.

Voice control can be a bit poor (as I'm sure we all know) if you have the window down at moving at speed (I have a hard top). So a soft top must be near useless when you enjoying the sunshine.

While I'm on - My brake discs have started squaling again at slow speed stopping. It appears the brake pad wear sensors are 'proud' of the brake pad material again. There is an issue with the sensor being of a harder material than the pads themselves and BMW are working on a fix for new pads (where have I heard that before). Glad I still have 8 months warranty to go.

Bye for now.
    English spec Titanium Silver Coupe, Auto Gears, Dynamic Drive (Sports Pack in USA?), Adaptive Steering, Adaptive Headlights, Sat Nav Professional, Comms Pack With Business Phone, Lights Package, Folding Mirrors, 120 Style Alloys, Tints, Service Inclusive 5 Years/60,000 Miles.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Use the voice control........

Since you stated "time" left on warranty at 8 months does that mean u have had for 4+ years? I would do the 60k in 3 years if I was not prepared to trade prior to my hitting that mark. I've not had pad or sensor issues, but am aware some owners have had problems with sensors. Seems as though those that have the problem, get it again on new sensors.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Or you can use the icons on the left side of the..

Thanks Geez Tech.
    I got the upgraded navigation software without the description of what the icons on the left side represent.

Shih-han

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 99808 Kilovolt is an unknown quantity at this point Kilovolt's Avatar

Yes | No

Warranty issues...................

... hello cobradav. I bought the car with 3 years (standard) warranty and 5 years serivice inclusive. The cars a little under two and a half years old hence eight months warranty to go.

In the UK you can buy warranty extensions on an annual basis when the original runs out but I believe it is expensive, upwards of $1,000 a year. It is renewed when (and if) the vehicle passes it's annual legal requirment vehicle inspection. The thing is, one decent breakdown failure or a need for a software upgrade would make that price seem cheap, don't you aggree?

Car has 24,000 miles on the clock and is as sweet to listen to and drive as it was the first day I collected it.

I have had the MP3 upgrade and my car was produced December 2003, one of the first six into the country. A friend of mine owns one of the original UL press cars.

Have a great weekend...................
    English spec Titanium Silver Coupe, Auto Gears, Dynamic Drive (Sports Pack in USA?), Adaptive Steering, Adaptive Headlights, Sat Nav Professional, Comms Pack With Business Phone, Lights Package, Folding Mirrors, 120 Style Alloys, Tints, Service Inclusive 5 Years/60,000 Miles.

Registered Member
    Member No: 128555 taheemr is an unknown quantity at this point taheemr's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Warranty issues...................

Kilovolt - I guess your friend with the pre-launch car was the same guy that did you a cracking deal on those mint 19"`s.

BTW - Had a blast in an M5 last week - still cannot justify the cost as private schools and unemployed wife continue to take there toll.

Speak soon, cheers mate.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Oops, sorry guys.................................

.....I must have had my cars mixed up as I was checking a car today and the 6 series doesn't have a help menu option, it is the E65 that does. Sorry about that for anyone trying to find it.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Oops, sorry guys.................................

And here I was hoping when I got PROGMAN 23 or higher I'd have this help screen - dash it all :)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Well, there are some nice changes though..........

The "i"enu ios very different now, time and date for one are on the screen instead of having to go to "display settings", Bluetooth is also there now which makes it much easier to find.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information