+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 144687 fffrrr123 is an unknown quantity at this point fffrrr123's Avatar

Yes | No

Bluetooth retrofit Kit

I just found this link and was wondering if anyone has experience with a retrofit kit for a 2004 645Ci

Bluetooth retrofit Kit for E63/64

I have heard about people using a kit from these guys on the earlier BMWs but did not know they had them for our cars.

Does anyone have experience with this kit yet? It seems to come with all the neccessary parts to get Bluetooth in my car.

Registered Member
    Member No: 49219 JMDDHS is an unknown quantity at this point JMDDHS's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth retrofit Kit

Ricki:
    I installed the kit in my 06 650i but with lots of drama. There are 10 plus pieces and it took 3 months for the dealership to get them all in stock. The kit works fine, However I miss the keypad that I had in my old 745i. I know my car has bluetooth, but I leave this phone in the car 100% of the time and did not want to deal with charging it. Total cost installed was under $500

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Bluetooth retrofit Kit

Depends on where u r starting from. If u have a CPT9000 (motorola v60) u can purchase a BTUM (Bluetooth Upgrade Module) from BMW and drop it in for full Bluetooth functionality. Does require dealer to switch u from CPT9000 to Bluetooth. Less parts and prbably cheaper. If no CPT9000 AND post 03/04 build you can do software upgrade with certain limitations such as no cradle, which you do not need for bluetooth to work but does provide charging and direct connection to antenna. Should be other threads on this if you do search - "BTUM" for one and "SIB Bluetooth" for another
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 144687 fffrrr123 is an unknown quantity at this point fffrrr123's Avatar

Yes | No

Here are the installation instructions that I foun

Here are the installation instructions that I found on another forum. It looks really easy.

Other forum install instructions

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information