+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 37516 TomDoherty is an unknown quantity at this point TomDoherty's Avatar

Yes | No

Even Kansas is cool...

Started the drive Sunday.....Indy to Topeka just in time to catch the Colts Giants game that night. Almost 400 miles across Kansas....and you know what...if your in a Z8 its a pretty fine drive...not as flat as they say.

I found Illinois and Missouri less interesting than Kansas. I guess those two states were just too similar to Indiana.

Can't wait for my three day driving route leaving Denver later this week.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14226 FWK-Z3 is an unknown quantity at this point FWK-Z3's Avatar

Yes | No

Kansas - ugh!

On the way back to Homecoming in he Z3 I hit a wooden pallet in the middle of the road just outside of Kansas City Kansas. It bent the right front wheel (whose tire immediately went flat) and by the time I got to the hotel, the left front was looking pretty sick.

Based on the distnac efrom home, and some of the desolate country I was going to cover on the way back, I decided to replace all four wheels and tires to be safe. The dealer (Baron BMW) in Kansas City was great - found for alloys and tires for the Z3 for a toal of $2200, evne shipped my old wheels and tires back to CA for me.

I did have the problem of how to get the tires and wheels back and forth from the hotel to the dealer - one at a time in the front seat of a Z23 would be a real drag. Then I remembered the magic words of BMW-dom: "When I have my Z8 in for service, the dealer usually gives me an X3 as a loaner." No sooner had "Z8" passed my lips than the dealer was assuring me that everything would be handled by Roadside Assistance.

Watch Missouri - thy have a nasy habit of closing lanes by parking a dump truck in them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information