+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 32350 destro is an unknown quantity at this point destro's Avatar

Yes | No

Any word on newest version of software?

Is version 23 out?

Here is my laundry list that i'm going to the dealership with. I picked up a used 2005 645 black/black. A lady traded it in on a 2007 Caddy Truck, seems like she had a baby cuz the passenger rear seat area is worn in nicely and the back of the front seat is all dinged and marked up from pulling seat in and out of car.

1. Dashboard area makes a creeking/twisting/rubbing noise.
    -- BMW should check struts under the hood. It's from body flex.

2. Left front daytime driving light out/ Left High Beam

3. Have gotten several license plate light out messages. They come and go

4. Upgrade software to be able to play MP3 CD's (newest version of software)

5. Molding trim around both windows is falling off. both need to be completely replaced

7. Window anti-trap function always tripped on passenger door.. sometimes takes up to 10 tries to get it to close.

6. Transmission BANG!!

SI B 24 03 05
    Automatic Transmission June 2005
    Technical Service
    SUBJECT
    Harsh 2-1 Downshift
    MODEL
    E60 (545i); E63/64 645(Ci/Cic) with 6HP26 up to 04/05
    SITUATION
    Customer may complain of the following:
    An excessively harsh 2-1 downshift when decelerating to a stop, or
    Transmission "bangs" into gear when accelerating from a full or a "rolling" stop (vehicle did not come to a complete stop).

CAUSE
    EGS software.

CORRECTION
    On a customer complaint basis only, reprogram/recode complete vehicle using SSS with CIP on-line update 17.01, or higher.

Important:
    Transmission temperature must remain below 50 deg C and trans shifter must be placed in P position prior to the start of CIP programming.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
    Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

For the appropriate defect code and labor operation refer to the KSD system.

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Any word on newest version of software?

It is possible it might be at dealers now, but SIB has not been released to TIS yet. Until it is we do not know what fixes are out there. I have some maintenance waiting for parts but will ensure I delay until I know for sure 23.xx is out.
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Nope, not yet

“Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

'87 325is The best ever
    ALUMINUM BUMPER APPRECIATION ASSOCIATION (ABAA)
    Membership ID (00302)
    Joined September 14, 2005

Registered Member

Yes | No

How long does a software update take?

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: How long does a software update take?

If you saw the list of issues the techs have to deal with in the upgrading process you could get a real appreciation for the fact that it is not a straight forward and simple process. Is is fraught with pit falls. Like "DO NOT TOUCH CAR" after starting process. I believe if all went well, no faults, no retrys, it could be a couple of hours once connected. But, limited Software Stations, multiple cars to be upgraded (SSR can handle multiple cars but not sure on staggered start and if connecting causes problems to another update n process) and tech cannot simply stay there continuously and monitor process, leaves the dealer almost no option but to ask you for whole day and some like to do over night. OTH, some have reported staying and getting it done in a "couple" of hours whatever couple might mean:)
    _______
    US '05 645 Coupe, Silver Grey, Chateau, Sport, Premuim Audio (Logic 7), HUD, Cold Wx Pkg, SIRIUS Sat Radio, Delivered w/CIP 15.2, Aux Input, using Cingular Motorola v551 (v557 as of 1/7/06) Bluetooth implementation w/ snap in adapter, V1 - not hardwired. Status Born on 1/25/05, baby delivered 2/25/05, broken in 3/25/05 Upgrade to CIP 16.2 on 3/15/05, upgrade to CIP 20.02 on 3/17/06 w/MP3 enabled - Great, great BMW!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 81954 pan is an unknown quantity at this point pan's Avatar

Yes | No

Glad to see you are back

Registered Member
    Member No: 103164 GeezTech is an unknown quantity at this point GeezTech's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks, and.................................

.....V23 is being shipped out as we type. :)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Does your dealer give you a loaner if overnight?

They told me they will need it overnight, does any of your guys/gals dealerships give you a loaner? Because i have a one hour drive it'll be hard to get anyone to pick me up/take me back home.

Registered Member

Yes | No

any idea on what will be updated?(nt)

Registered Member

Yes | No

Not yet

“Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

'87 325is The best ever
    Membership ID (00302)

Registered Member

Yes | No

SIB posted 19 Sept

Here is the list of fixes. Enhancements we will have to figure out for ourselves:)
    SI B 61 14 03
    General Electrical Systems September 2006
    Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B61 14 03 dated June 2006.

(New) designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
    Software Errors Corrected with Progman

MODEL
    E60, E61 (5 Series)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

SITUATION
    Customer may complain of the following:

(New)The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 23.00.00 (Target data Status E060-06-09-520).

CCC: Voice input system incorrectly states speed limit in "km". Refer to SI B84 24 05.

CCC with Top HiFi (SA 677) loses surround sound settings after a Navigation system announcement. Refer to SI B65 08 06.

CCC: The CD/DVD/CDC drive continues to spin even after the key is off. No audio output is heard. When the customer returns to the vehicle the audio CD is on a different track. This is most noticeable while listening to audio books on CD.

CCC: The customer states that sporadically, it is not possible to acknowledge the "Accept" button on the navigation system disclaimer screen using the controller. Refer to SI B84 20 06.

CCC: Radio failure after entering the destination in the Navigation system via the voice input system. Other audio sources are not affected.

CCC: Sporadically the radio continues to play after the key is turned off. This fault occurred after programming the vehicle using Progman V19.1.

CCC: After changing the road map scale using the voice input system; it is not possible to change the map scale using the controller.

CCC: The audible warning gong sounds intermittently after the vehicle is started and cannot be turned off unless the vehicle key is cycled. No check control message is displayed while the gong is sounded.

CCC: The radio audio cuts out briefly in FM mode only while driving. Vehicle already has the tuner profile corrected as per SI B65 26 05 and fault code CCC-ANT "DACA" hardware reset fault is stored.

CCC: The radio station that is currently being listened to intermittently changes to the next station in the station list. This can happen every 2 seconds

CCC: Check control gongs and PDC tones have no audio. Other audio functions operate correctly

Blower motor stays on with key off. Refer to SI B64 01 06.

The speedometer and revolution counter needles shake when the vehicle is idling.
    _______

Registered Member

Yes | No

It should be at "most" dealers now

'87 325is The best ever
    Membership ID (00302)

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Getting update now

My car is in for some fixes and the new software update. I will post any observed enhancements when I get the car back, hopefully today.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Got your car back yet?

just wondering

Registered Member
    Member No: 119132 howardmw is an unknown quantity at this point howardmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Yes, Got my car back

Although I haven't spent time going through the menus, but I haven't noticed any difference yet with the update. Looks like it is at most minor tweaks, as nothing stands out as a new feature.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information